Tuesday, April 23, 2013

WPP!

So I've been on tumblr for, like, two hours.  Plus I'm watching season three of Gossip Girl.  So, needless to say, I now have fifteen minutes to quickly come up with something to write about, hopefully using real sentences and actual English.

So today was my third last shift at the pool.  I am leaving next week to go back to Ontario for a couple weeks, then moving to Nova Scotia to work at camp for the summer.  Anyway, because I'm leaving for the summer I have to quit my job at the pool.  This is the third time I've quit for the summer and I've always been rehired, so it's not really a big deal.

OK, funny story.  So yesterday, I was teaching this class that's the highest level, so the kids are all a little bit older (eleven to thirteenish).  They were asking me if I was going to be their teacher for the next eight weeks as well.  Instead of saying something normal, like "No, I'm moving away" I told them that I was leaving because I was joining the Witness Protection Program.

Who even says that?  Who even thinks something like that?  I can only hope that either none of the kids had any idea what I was talking about.  Or, if they did, they knew I was joking and didn't say anything to their parents.  I mean, I taught these kids for eight weeks, so they should know by now that pretty much everything I say is a joke.  But still.

Days until camp: 31

xo 

1 comment: