Friday, April 5, 2013

Advice Time!

Good afternoon lovebugs!  I am posting a little bit earlier today, because I am actually going out tonight and being social!  I'm not sure what time I'll be home and I'd rather post now and be safe than sorry.

OK, everyone, I need your help with something.  So, long story short, the pharmacy that I go to most often, for anything from makeup to toiletries to cleaning supplies and everything in between, is Shoppers Drugmart.  Those of you who have maybe never been to Shoppers before won't know that Shoppers has a reward points system, called Optimum Points.  Basically, every time you buy something from Shoppers, you get Optimum points.  Sometimes they have promotions, like 20X the points, to increase the number of points you get.  And, of course, once you get to certain numbers of points, you can redeem them for free stuff.  It's pretty basic, the same concept as pretty much anywhere else that has a reward system.

So I have been collecting Optimum points for as long as I can remember, since high school at least.  As of right now I have about 85,000 points, which was no easy feat.  To give you some frame of reference, redeeming 50,000 points is worth $85 and 95,000 points is worth $170.  I was kind of saving up to get to 95,000 points, which is the highest level of points you can redeem.  But, I mean, $170 is a whole lot of free stuff for one person to get from the drugstore at one time.  So I started thinking the other day that I could just redeem 50,000 points instead.  I mean, $85 is still of stuff to get from the drugstore!

Then, yesterday, I found out that this weeknd Shoppers is having a Spend Your Points event, where if you redeem 50,000 points you can get $100 instead.  I kind of feel like it could be fun to go on a little shopping spree, to treat myself to all kinds of new drugstore stuff, as a gift to myself for doing so well on my webpage, as well as just for getting through this semester.  And, I mean, it's not like I'm actually spending $100 of my own money.  The money has already been spent!  And the points will have to be redeemed eventually, so why not now?

I guess I'm just looking for someone to tell me that this is OK, that it's not ridiculous of me to redeem these points tomorrow.  Thoughts?

Days left of classes: 0!!
Days until summer: 12
Exams until summer: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment