Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What Even Is This

I am sitting here in a weird state of half-formed ideas.  I have vague, not full ideas of things to write about, but I can't seem to get to the point in any of the ideas where I actually have something to write about.  I feel like, either late last night or early this morning I had a really good idea for a third day of BEDA but now I can't seem to remember what that idea was.  It'll probably come to me in the middle of the night, or while I'm in the shower.*

OK, let's just keep it all kinds of simple up in here.  So, earlier today, I posted a new video on youtube, called 50 Random Facts About Me! (you should go watch it right meow if you haven't already!)  Basically, the whole point of this video is to share with everyone a collection of fifty "random" things or facts about me.  I actually had quite a lot of fun with that video.  You know, coming up with a list of things to talk about.  I mean, fifty things about me are a lot of things to talk about!  Ten, fifteen, even twenty things about myself would be easy to come up with.  I'm sure I could do that, no problem!  But fifty?!  I mean, come on, that's not a list you can come up with off the top of your head!  I had to spend a lot of time, a week even, writing and re-writing my list of fifty things about myself that I wanted to talk about in this video.  However, even though it did take quite a bit of time and thought to come up with my list, I had so much fun doing it!  I got to kind of look at my life and think about all the small, silly things that are a part of my life.  All the small things that seem somewhat unimportant, or things from my childhood, things that I never really talk about, because they aren't really worthy of a conversation.  Anyway, I got to spend quite a bit of time reflecting on the not-so-big, not-so-important parts of my life, and I really enjoyed doing that.

I guess that's kind of what this blog is like.  No, I'm not going to share another fifty random facts about my life, mostly because I doubt I'd be able to think up another fifty things!  But, as I've always said, I do not want this blog to be a "this is what I did today" kind of blog.  Naturally, I will occassionaly recount a story of something that happened to me that day, by way of getting into whatever I want to talk about that day, but by and large, this blog has never and will never be about what I do each day.

Also, understandably, I am not likely to share a whole lot of my deep, dark, personal secrets.  Given that this is a public blog on the Internet, I have absolutely no control over who reads my blog, and I am not really too keen on having a bunch of randoms from goodness-knows-where knowing all kinds of personal stuff about my life.

OK, so I won't talk exclusively about what I do each day, and I won't share secrets about my personal life.  So where does that leave us, as far as this blog is concerned?  Well, I'd say it leaves us with the not-so-big, not-so-important bits of my life that aren't worthy of conversation.  And, while that might seem like you're getting the shaft, I think that that is a pretty sweet spot to be.  Personally, I think you're getting the best deal of anyone, don't you agree?

Days left of classes: 2
Days until summer: 14
Exams until summer: 3

PS. I'm not really sure where this started or how it got to... what it is.  But just go with it!

*The location of all good ideas and life choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment