Thursday, April 18, 2013

PB & J

My room is really cold right now and I'm really tired and all I want to do is finish season two of Gossip Girl, so today's post will be rather short.

So the other day, my roommate Julie and I were taking a study break and getting something to eat.  I don't remember how the topic came up specifically, but I think one of us (probably me) mentioned how good peanut butter is (definitely me).  Then the idea of jam/jelly also came up, which was closely followed by the whole thing that is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Anyway, long story short, I came to the realization that, up until a couple days ago, I had never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

This has never been a conscious decision.  I mean, I enjoy jam and jelly on toast at breakfast* and I love peanut butter like it's my day job.  But my mom never made PB&Js for me as a child, maybe because I never asked for them or maybe because she didn't think I'd like them, I don't know.  But they were never a staple in my childhood diet, so as I grew older and started making my own sandwiches, PB&J was never even on my radar of possible sandwich options.

But that day, after Julie and I talked about PB&Js I made myself one and Oh. My. Gosh. So good!  I feel like I am probably going to be eating quite a few of these over the next couple weeks, both because they are so easy to make and because it's an excellent way to help me go through a lot of my food.**

Let me know in the comments how you feel about PB&Js!  Also, is there any "staple food" that everyone loves that you've either never tried, or tried and didn't like?

Days until camp: 36

xo

*I mean, when else is jam/jelly a thing?
**I'm moving out for four months, so I have to eat all my food that could go bad.

1 comment:

  1. When else is jam/jelly a thing?

    WITH JELLY DONUTS, EVERYTIME OF THE DAY

    But donut making is not a practical way to use up cupboard jam. So I see your point.

    ReplyDelete