Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dumb Stuff

I have sixteen minutes to get this post up and I am determined!  I tweeted a while ago that I was hanging out with my roommates and today's post might be late, but excuses are for the weak!

So a couple days ago, or maybe yesterday, I saw a friend of mine post this article to her facebook.  It's an article on BuzzFeed, and basically lists some really stupid things that people have said or done or written online.  I highly suggest reading it, because it is quite funny.  Plus it'll make you feel like you're not quite as dumb as you might feel like you sometimes are.*

After I read the article, I started thinking about some pretty dumb things that I had seen on Internet recently.  For example, after the whole broohaha about Justin Bieber at the Anne Frank house, I read a slew of tweets from Bieber fans absolutely losing their minds, saying things like what makes Anne Frank so special, why doesn't Justin come to their house as well, blah blah blah.  Although not all of the ones I read outright said that they didn't know who Anne Frank was (although there were some who had no idea who she was) it was very much implied based on what they were saying.

Also within the last couple weeks, I saw a bunch of people saying they had no idea that Titanic was a real boat that really did hit an iceberg and really did sink.  So many people thought it was just a movie and had no idea it was based on a real historical event.  

I'm sorry, but how can you live in this day and age, with the Internet, and not have any idea that Titanic was a real thing?  Or not know who Anne Frank is?  It just absolutely blows my mind.

Days until camp: 34

xo

*At least, that's how it made me feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment