Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lying Games

I feel like earlier today I had an idea for what today's post should be about, but now I can't remember what it was, in typical Seana fashion.  Whatever, I'm sure it'll come to me either in the shower or in the middle of the night, where the best ideas always make their appearance.

So a few days ago, I don't remember when, I wrote a post about challenging myself to read as many books this year as possible, which is an ongoing challenge.  At the time, I was reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, which I have since finished.  I think it's fair to say that I am a pretty big John Green fan.  But I also know how he writes and what he does to the emotions of the reader.  I was able, fortunately, to figure out pretty early what was going to happen, so when the time for crying and emotion and feels came they weren't able to grab ahold of me as strongly as I would have anticipated.  I guess that was just my fancy way of saying that I didn't cry whilst reading it, which is a HUGE accomplishment for me!  But if you haven't read TFIOS, I highly highly recommend that you go read it right meow!

Since I finished that book I have started reading a book that is about as far from anything I've been reading in the past few months as a book could possibly be.  It's called The Lying Game by Sara Shepard.  For those of you thinking that the name Sara Shepard sounds familiar, it's because she is the woman who wrote the Pretty Little Liars books.  I picked up this book, which is the first in a series, from the library recently and so far I am really enjoying it.  It's a little bit scary and has been giving me some kind of weird dreams (what else is new?!) but I'm glad I decided to read it.

Let me know in the comments about some of the good books you have read recently!  Or, if you've read a book that you weren't quite impressed with, you can let me know about that as well!
Also, apparently the Lying Game series was also made into a TV show!  Have any of you seen it?  If so, what did you think?  Should I check it out?  Let me know!

Days until summer: 0!!
Exams until summer: 0!!
Days until camp: 37

xo

3 comments:

  1. The Lying Game is such a good show. In my opinion it is a lot better than PLL, and that's just because the action comes along a lot faster than in the PLL TV show(my observation at least). It's very well done. I definitely recommend it.

    As for books I've read recently... mostly school stuff and now I'm in the same boat trying to find things to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many seasons does the Lying Game have? I know how I'm spending my break! haha

      Delete
    2. Only two so far.

      Let me know what you think!

      Delete