Saturday, April 6, 2013

Books for Days!

Well, what do you know about that.  I made it through five whole days of BEDA before I had to sit here and stare at a blinking cursor, for an extended period of time, with nothing to write about.  I think this is a new personal record!

OK, those of you who have been reading this blog for a while will remember back in 2010 when I set myself a goal to read 50 books in one year.  Do you guys remember that?  Wow, that was a long time ago.  Anyway, I decided the other day that I was going to try something similar this year.  Not a specific number this time, like fifty or anything.  But, this year, I just want to keep track of what books I read.  I want to kind of keep a running tally, just so that I can see, by the end of the year, how many I've read.  Does that make sense?

Anyway, I thought I would start by sharing what books I have read since the beginning of 2013:

  1. The Maze Runner
  2. The Scorch Trials
  3. The Death Cure
  4. Divergent
  5. Insurgent
  6. The Fault In Our Stars*
I am actually a little embarrassed that we're already a quarter of the way through 2013 and I've read so few books.  But I am going to start reading more again, and I will keep you updated periodically (maybe...) on how my book progress is going!

What are some great books that you've read recently? Let me know in the comments!

Days until summer: 12
Exams until summer: 3
Days until camp(ish): 51

PS. I feel like I need to add that this is still a personal challenge for me.  I want to push myself to read as many books as I can this year, I'm just not setting any kind of limit on myself.  But I do still want to try as hard as I can to read as many books as possible this year, and preferably a lot of new books, as opposed to rereading some old favourites.  Just wanted to clarify! :)


*I haven't actually finished this book yet, I have about 100 pages left. I am actually terrified to finish it because of all the feels that I know will accompany it.  And, I swear, if you spoil this book for me, I will hate you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment