Monday, April 1, 2013

BEDA 2013: Off to a Great Start!

I have had this post planned out in my head for close to two weeks now. It was going to be long, but not too long, because I don't want to bore you.  It was going to be just the right mix of hilarious, witty, intelligent and goofy.  It was going to make you laugh (as everything I say and do often has the effect* of making people laugh) but simultaneously make you think about life- your life as well as life in general- in a completely new way, in a way you never thought possible.  And somewhere, in between all this hilarious, deep, witty laughter, I was going to explain to you why I have pretty much ignored this blog for the last eleven months.  I was going to tell you what you can expect from me in the next thrity days, as we embark on BEDA ROUND FOUR together.  I was even going to tell you where else on the Internet you can find me this month, and every month.

Now, you may be asking yourself why I am telling you how great this post was supposed to be, how well planned out it was in my head.  You may be wondering why I am telling you what I wanted this to be instead of making it what I wanted it to be.  Well, my friends, the reason is that once again, I have pulled a Seana.

(If you don't know what pulling a Seana is, you do not know me well enough at all)

In this specific case, I have a peer review assignment due tomorrow for my religious studies course.  I have known about this assignment since the first class of the semester and could have started it two weeks ago, when my peers and I all submitted the larger assignments that we are now peer reviewing.  I have had exactly two weeks to do a not-very-difficult assignment that affects not only my grade, but the grades of five of my peers.  It's due tomorrow morning. Naturally, I started it tonight.

The morale of the story, the thread that ties all of this together, is that I spent all evening working on this assignment and not on writing the fabulous BEDA post I wanted to write.**  I didn't want to rush through the amazing post I had planned, and not give it the proper time and energy it so deserves.

So this post, whatever else it might be, serves as the introduction to BEDA 2013.  It's about to get wild up in here!

PS. The real intro post that I wanted to write will be up tomorrow. Sit tight, loyal readers.

Days left of classes: 4
Days until summer: 16
Exams until summer: 3

*I'm pretty sure it's effect and not affect although, full disclosure, I'm still not quite sure what the difference is. You heard it here, folks!
**For once, I actually got my priorities semi right. Proud of me, mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment