Tuesday, April 1, 2014

BEDA 2014: Here We Go Again...?

Well, here we are again.  It's April 1st, which means it is also the first day of BEDA (Blog Every Day in April!).  I have participated in BEDA for four years now on this blog.  I debated a lot on whether I was going to do it again this year and decided that I really had no reason not to, so here I am!

I am actually a little embarrassed, if we're being perfectly honest.  I feel like a dog with its tail between its legs, knowing it's done something wrong.  I haven't posted anything on here since BEDA ended last year.  I don't even have a very good reason for my eleven-month absence.  I thought, quite a few times actually, about writing a post, but then I never followed through.  I feel like "no follow through" has become my trademark, at least to myself.  It's not a good thing but it is, at least currently, my reality.

In other news, this is my two hundredth post on this blog.  A year ago, I would have thought that my 200th post would be coming sometime in May or June, not the next April, but here we are.  I feel like this post needs to be something special, amazing, perfect, to mark the milestone of having written two hundred posts on this blog.

However, I don't really have any special, amazing thoughts for what to write about, so I'm just going to write about what I did today.  This morning started with watching last night's series finale of How I Met Your Mother.  I'm not going to go into any details about the episode, in case some of you haven't seen it yet; I don't want to spoil it.  However, I am going to say that it was not the ending I wanted and needed from this show.  This whole last season has not been good and now this ending just makes me love the show less, and I really hate that.  I almost wish the finale was some cruel, well thought-out April Fool's joke, but unfortunately, I think it really is real life.  I am going to make a video soon about the finale, going into details and everything, but for now, just know that I am not happy with the way the show ended.  If you've seen the finale, let me know in the comments what you thought.

Another thing that happened today was that we were hit with probably the biggest snow storm we've had this winter, and it isn't even winter anymore!  What the heck?!  Everything was closed this morning, including the university and the mall, and then things opened again at 1:00, but then the weather got worse and everything closed again.  The pool that I work at wasn't closed today, and I had to work at 4:00, like I do every Tuesday.  So I left my house just before 3:30 and walked to work.  It was bad outside, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Anyway, I get to work and find out, five minutes before my shift was supposed to start, that they were closing the pool at 4:30.  I probably could have not even shown up at work and no one would have known the difference.  It at least got me out of the house and out of my pyjamas, but it would have been nice to know that I could have stayed home.  Oh well.

So that has been my day!  Tell me about your day.  Are you experiencing a #Snowmageddon like I am, or is it more spring-like?  Also, did you prank anyone for April Fool's?  I didn't, but I'd love to hear about it if you did!

Days left of class: 3
Days until summer: 14
Exams until summer: 2

xo

PS. Please let me know if you have any requests for BEDA posts this year!  If you've been around this blog before, then you know that there are plenty of days when I struggle with things to write about.  So if there's anything you want to see/read, let me know and I'll do my best to include them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment