Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Vimy Ridge

Seven years ago, in 2007, I had the opportunity to travel to Europe with my school and be part of the 90th anniversary of the battle of Vimy Ridge.
For those of you who don't know, Vimy Ridge was a battle in World War I that occured in northern France in 1917.  During this battle, 3600 Canadian soldiers lost their lives.  To mark the 90th anniversary, on April 9th 2007, 3600 Canadian students travelled to Vimy Ridge, each student representing a specific soldier who fought at Vimy Ridge and who died at Vimy Ridge.
This trip was one of the best trips of my life, and I can't even believe it has already been seven years.  Below are a couple of my pictures from Vimy Ridge.


RIP Alfred H Libby. I never had the pleasure of meeting you, but I know you were a great man.
Days until summer: 6 
Exams until summer: 2
Days until cruise: 29
xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment