Saturday, April 5, 2014

Reality TV!

I know I did a post a couple days ago about how much I love TV and how much of it I watch, but seriously... not enough!  I have to do another post about TV!

So one of my biggest guilty pleasures is reality TV.  Literally, every kind of reality.  I love competition-based shows, I love shows where a camera just follows people around.  I even love the shows that are so obviously fake and set-up: I just cannot get enough of them!

Currently, the reality shows that I am watching the most are Big Brother* and Big Brother Canada, The Amazing Race, The Bachelor,** The Biggest Loser... I am sure there are more that I'm forgetting.  If I remember them, I'll add them in!

I am a very competitive person.  If I can't personally compete in something, you better believe that I still want to watch a good competition!  The thing I love about reality competition shows is that they usually take place over a long(ish) period of time and it gives a really good chance to see game development and growth, lots of strategy, that kind of thing.  I mean, all the shows I've mentioned are very different and they all involve competing for different things and I think that's what I love about each of them individually.  They all appeal to a different aspect of my competitiveness and the combination of them makes me a very happy person.

Don't get me wrong, though, I am also a very big fan of the reality shows that have no competitive side to them at all.  I am a huge fan of The Hills, which I know is not a real "reality" show at all, but I mean, c'mon!  It's so full of drama!  I'm also a fan of the whole Teen Mom series.  I really like the reality shows that are overflowing with drama.  They give me a chance to live vicariously through them, have some drama in my life without actually having to deal personally with any drama.

Let me know if you're a fan of any reality TV shows, and if there are any you think I should watch!

Days until summer: 10
Exams until summer: 2
Days until cruise: 33

xo

*I just started rewatching season 11 of Big Brother, from the summer of 2009.  Why'd I do that??
**Do not even get me started on Juan Pablo.

No comments:

Post a Comment