Friday, April 4, 2014

Watches

The idea for today's post came to me while I was at work tonight, and I think it's a pretty funny story.

So, for those of you who don't know me, I am currently working part-time at a pool where I teach a lot of swimming lessons and occasionally lifeguard.  I really enjoy working with kids and, after having spent so much time around them, I have come to fully appreciate how many weird and hilarious things kids say on a regular basis.

So I have a watch that I wear basically every day.  It's just a pink digital watch that I got from Walmart for $10.  It's not anything fancy, but it definitely always does it's job of letting me know what time it is.  And when I say I wear it every day, that includes wearing it in the pool while I'm teaching.

I never thought it was a big deal that I wore a watch in the pool.  I mean, it's waterproof (or at least water-resistant) and I still need to know the time while I'm working.  However, a lot of the younger kids that I teach seem to think that wearing a watch in the water is a REALLY BIG DEAL!  I have been asked why I'm wearing a watch in the water, if I even realise that I still have my watch on, and if I know what happens to watches in water.

I really do appreciate their concern and, you know, if I ever accidentally bring my phone or iPod into the pool, I know they'll have my back and let me know that it's wrong.  I'm really not sure why I find it so funny; it just makes me laugh that they think they're the first person to let me know that I am, in fact, wearing a watch.

Kids say the darndest things, right?  What's something funny you've heard a kid say?  Let me know in the comments!

Days until summer: 11
Exams until summer: 2
Days until cruise: 34

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment