Saturday, April 26, 2014

Brain Farts

I'm posting early today because I'm going out tonight and I don't know what time I'll be home, nor do I know what state I'll be in when I do eventually get home.

The problem is that I don't have any ideas for what to write about today.  I feel like all month long has been a mix of brain farts and writer's block.  I mean, I know that I am no master with the words, but I feel like all the other years that I've participated in BEDA, I have been a lot better with the words and the posting and just... everything.

I wonder why this year has been different.  I wonder if it's because I've been busier this year, throughout the whole month of April and haven't had as much time as I would like to devote to blogging.  Or I wonder if it's because I haven't been as interested in BEDA this year as I usually am.  I mean, all the other years, I've been excited about it and I wanted to do it.  But this year it was different.  I mean, it wasn't until halfway through April 1st that I even remembered that it was the first day of BEDA.  Honestly, if I hadn't known other people who were doing it and seen their posts, I probably would have forgotten about it completely.  And once I started I knew I had to see it the whole month through; there was no way I was going to give up before the end of April.  But, in all honesty, based on the way this month has gone so far, I probably won't do BEDA again.  BEDA is how this blog got started and it would be weird for me to not do it again, but it's not something that really matters to me any more.  I mean, I'm going to finish the rest of this month, of course.  And by next year, I will have to really think about whether I want to commit to blogging every day for a whole month.  The truth is that I don't really have that much to talk about.  Or maybe I do, but all those good thoughts and ideas are just a little too far out of reach.  Like I already said, this has been a month-long brain fart... or maybe it's been longer than a month at this point.

I'm not really sure what I just wrote about, but you can take it for whatever you want.

Days until Toronto: 3
Days until cruise: 12

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment