Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Personal Space

Well.  My life is like one big brain fart.  Clearly all my procrastination is really getting to me.  I've been on my computer for a couple hours and I just completely forgot about having to blog.  I just looked down at my clock, saw that it was 12:05 and was like "Oh yea.  BEDA.  That's still a thing, isn't it?"  I don't even have a reason for being late today, other than that my brain is in a totally different world.

So today, I want to (briefly) talk about personal space.  I have found, mostly from working at the pool, that some people have absolutely no concept of a personal bubble.  I haven't found that it's an issue when I'm teaching lessons, because I have to help the kids, so it's usually me invading their space.  But when I'm guarding, mainly when I'm guarding standing up, not sitting in a guard chair, I have found that other people just do not understand personal space!

Let me explain.  Often when I am guarding standing up, there are lots of people walking around the pool deck.  That means that there are often people walking behind me, which is fine.  But sometimes, there are some people who walk so close to me that it actually makes me very uncomfortable.  Like, the pool deck is huge!  There is so much space for you to walk!  Why are you standing six inches behind me?!  I will add that I am not at all talking about the people who come up to me to ask me a question or something.  They are standing so close to me for a reason, and it's fine.  But if you are walking from point A to point B and you have the whole pool deck to get there and you choose to walk six inches away from me?  That doesn't make any sense to me!

Tell me a story when you have experienced a stranger getting all up in your space for no reason.  I need to know it's not just me!!

Days until summer: 7
Exams until summer: 2
Days until cruise: 30

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment