Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sleeps!

What did I do today?  Well, I woke up around 6am and thought it was 6pm and almost had a heart attack that I had slept through the entire day and missed my exam.  Weirdly, this is not the first time this has happened in the past week and a half.  At least three times since exams started I have woken up before my alarm went off, and thought it was late afternoon, not early morning.  I have no idea why this has happened.  Never before in my life have I looked at my alarm clock, seen the time, and thought it was twelve hours later than it actually was.  I've figured out that this is happening because when I wake up, just a little bit, I feel like I've been asleep for way too long and I therefore assume that it can't possibly be only 6am, but my clock clearly says 6:00, so it must be 6pm.  I must say, it is quite terrifying, thinking that you've slept through the entire day!  I mean, if it was after exams, or the weekend, or whatever, when I can, theoretically, sleep through the entire day, then it wouldn't be that bad.  I mean, it would be bad, but it would be far less traumatic than if I slept through an exam, or a necessary day of studying.  Anyway, apparently I sleep too much and don't know the difference between morning and evening.  Sweet.

Speaking of sleeping, dreams.  Just dreams.  I think dreams are, like, the coolest things ever.  I went through a period of time, during high school I think, where I never remembered any of my dreams.  Like, any of them.  But in the last few years, I've started remembering a lot of dreams.  Not all of them, but most of them, I think.  My dreams are always so crazy and ridiculous, and I think it's so funny.  My dreams almost always have something to do with things that have been going on that day.  Like lately, in the past couple weeks, a lot of my dreams have been about exams and marks and passing and stuff related to school.  But all of my dreams have some sort of weird twist to them that just makes them totally unrealistic.  And it always kind of baffles me just how my brain works, to create these totally bizarre scenarios that make absolutely no sense.  But then, there are the dreams that I have that have nothing to do with anything, at all.  For example, I often have dreams that I am pregnant.  And, I mean, there's the dreams where I'm in, like, my third trimester, so that isn't very realistic.  But having dreams that I'm pregnant actually really freaks me out.  Like, does it mean something?!  I don't think dreams mean much of anything, but I mean, what is going on in my subconscious brain that is creating these stories of pregnancy?  I just think it's really weird, and also slightly frightening.  What does it all meeeeean?! haha

Days until summer: 1
Exams until summer: 1
Days until camp: 37

PS. I've been thinking about filming a video talking about dreams wih somebody, and I would really like to do it next week, before I move back to Ontario.  So if you live in St John's, I actually know you, and you want to talk with me about dreams on camera, let me know soon!!  I'm actually totally serious about this, but you have to be comfortable talking in front have a camera! haha Let me know if you're interested!!

No comments:

Post a Comment