Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Movies

OK, the history of my life can be chronicled through movies.  I have always loved watching movies and, to me, they are a huge social event.  Pretty much every major social gathering in my life has involved movies, in at least some capacity.  I own an exponentially large number of movies, and I watch them pretty much whenever I can.  For me, taking the time to watch a movie is very relaxing.  I find a good movie to be very soothing and calming.

Another thing I enjoy is rewatching a movie I love.  I've discovered in the last few years that some people don't like rewatching movies they've already seen, and that baffles me.  I mean, if I watch a movie that I don't really like* then I won't rewatch it.  But if I like a movie, why wouldn't I rewatch it?  Most of the movies I own, depending on how long I've owned them, I have watched at least a dozen times, if not more.  If I like a movie, why wouldn't I want to rewatch it?  I mean, if I liked it the first time, why wouldn't I like it a second time, or a twenty-second time?

The one thing I can understand are mystery/suspence movies.  If you're trying to figure out "who dun it" throughout the movie, then rewatching it while already knowing "who dun it" could be annoying for some people.  Personally, I like rewatching movies when I already know the end.  I find I pick up on more of the subtleties in the movie, things I didn't notice before because I was too busy looking at all the other big parts of the movie.

Let me know how you feel about rewatching movies numerous times, and if you have any criteria for if you'll rewatch a movie or not.**

Days until summer: 2
Exams until summer: 2
Days until camp: 38

PS. After reading the comments on yesterday's post (read it here) it turns out that tap water has a different taste than filtered water.  I have never personally noticed this taste, but I believe that it's there!  Also, one of my roommates pointed out to me that the refrigeration of water gets rid of the taste more than filtration.  So, if you've ever put tap water in the fridge, let me know if you notice a taste difference.  I just want to know more things about water!!!

*Which rarely happens, because I am such a movie snob.  I will rarely watch a movie that I don't think I'll like.  I can be a very annoying person to watch a movie with.
**That was the most awkward sentence I've ever written in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment