Monday, April 2, 2012

Draw Something!

Guys, I have a confession to make.  This is pretty serious.  OK, here goes...
Draw Something has taken over my life.

Does everyone know what Draw Something is?  It's like an online game of Pictionary.  I play it on my iPod Touch and, honestly, when I downloaded it nine days ago, I thought I would have a lot of fun with it, which I am, but I never thought it would become as huge as it has.  All of last week, I would usually only get one, maybe two pictures a day, and I was OK with that.  I could handle that.  But now... it has just gotten ridiculously out of control.
I went to work this afternoon, and was out of my house for five hours at the most.  As I play on my iPod, and have no data plan, I have to connect to a wifi network to play, and don't have wifi at work.  So I was away from any and all new rounds/games while I was out of the house.  As you could probably guess, I came home to this:

What...what even!?
I wake up in the morning and have to draw for at least five people.  I come home from work and there's four more waiting for me.  Since I took this picture, I drew new things for three of these four people, and at least two of them have already drawn something back.  HOW DID THIS GAME GET SO BIG?!
The worst part is, I actually really love playing this game, even though I'm quite terrible at it, which means that I can't just stop playing it.  Plus, I have this weird need to never leave things unfinished, which means that if I know there are games waiting for me, I can't just leave them there and not guess their drawing and/or draw something new for them.  If I know there are games waiting for me, I have to play them!  And, apparently, most of the people I'm playing against have this same need, because they keep sending me games!  It is just a vicious circle of drawing and self-loathing... right?

Days until summer: 18
Exams until sunmmer: 4

love <3

1 comment: