Thursday, April 5, 2012

Addicted!

Those of you who know me, or who have been following me online for a while, will know that I lack the ability to pick favourites.  Seriously, it's like a chronic disease.  Do you have any idea how debilitating it is to not have one favourite of anything?  Like, I don't have one favourite colour, I have three.  I don't have one favourite flavour of ice cream, I have, like... six?  I don't have one favourite movie, I have five.  What a terrible life this is!

However, even though I never have favourites, I do have this tendency to become really obsessed with things.  Like, so obsessed that it's basically an addiction.  In the last month or so, I have become addicted to several new things, and I am now going to tell you all about them, to give you better insight as the what goes on in my brain.

iPod Apps
As I told you a couple days ago, Draw Something has totally and completely taken over every part of my life.  It has now gotten to the point where I can't even function when I'm not at home because I just want to know what my friends are drawing for me!  I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!
Prior to the discovery of Draw Something, I was obsessed with Fruit Ninja, which I still love.  But I've decided that the lack of competition against other people has made it not as fun as it once was.
I've also been playing a lot of Sudoku lately, which I'm still quite addicted to.  It's gotten to the point where I have dreams about solving difficult puzzles.  Yea, it's that bad.

Music
Oh boy, guys.  Just... oh boy.
Apparently, I am an eleven year old girl when it comes to the music I listen to, that's how bad it is.
About a month and a half ago, I saw someone post this video on Facebook, so I watched it, and of course I immediately became obsessed with it.  Like, to the point where I would watch it at least twenty times a day.  I had heard of Carly Rae Jepsen long before this, and I'm pretty sure I had heard the song before, but I guess it never really made an impression on me.  However, there was something about this video that made me just... fall in love with the song.  I don't think it was the celebrities who were in it, because they're all a little young for me.  I think it was that it was a video of a bunch of friends having fun and goofing around.  It reminded me of something my friends and I would do on a boring Wednesday night.  Either way, Call Me Maybe is currently one of the biggest addictions in my life.
Another song that I am quite addicted to is this song.  I had never heard of One Direction before a friend introduced me to this song, but I think they are just adorable and precious.  Again, they're a little young for me, but I think they're kind of like the Backstreet Boys (or N*SYNC) for this generation.  Either way, I think they are presh, and I am head over heels in love with this song.  It is the kind of song that, if a guy sang it to me, I would fall instantly in love with him, no questions asked.  Yup, getting me to love you really is that easy.

youtube
Youtube has always been a pretty big part of how I spend my time.  None of my really good friends post videos, but all of the people who (unknowingly) got me started in blogging and vlogging have pretty big presences online, and I enjoy keeping up with them.  However, I also really enjoy discovering new people, which is something I've been doing more and more of in the past couple months.  Right now, I am completely obsessed with DailyGrace.  I have spent the last couple days watching all the videos she has posted on youtube (almost 400...yeeea) and I can honestly say she is one of the funniest people I have ever seen in my life.  I don't know how it took me this long to find her, but I am so glad that I finally did.

So those are some of the things that are currently taking over my life.  Do what you will with this personal information about me and my life.

Days until summer: 15
Exams until summer: 4

PS. Today was the last day of classes for this school year and, honestly... I am confused as the where the last eight months went.  This year has gone by so quickly and it actually makes me kind of sad.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I am overjoyed to be that much closer to graduating and never having to do any more school again.  But at the same time... it just feels like my life is going by way too quickly!  Does anyone else feel the same way?

No comments:

Post a Comment