Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fun Times in SJ (with something special!)

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I have a very special treat for you today.  In the just over two years that I have been doing this blog, it has always been me talking.  I've quoted some friends, and elaborated on things that I have heard other people say, but it has always been my thoughts, ideas, and words.  Well, today I have a guest blogger for you!  Take it away Kerry!

Hi everyone.  My name is Kerry and I am Seana's mother.......yup!!!  Be very afraid...there are two of us!!!  I arrived on Friday and we are having a great time.  It all started on Friday evening...we were invited to a dinner party and after dinner, guest musicians started to arrive.  Totally awesome!  I haven't met a Newfoundlander yet who couldn't play an instrument and/or sing!!

Saturday we went chasing icebergs!  This is my 5th visit to St. John's and I finally got to see an iceberg!  We went to Quidi Vidi and the sight of that iceberg was absoluely breathtaking...worth the wait!!

 When Seana came home after work, she introduced me to "Hot Problems".  I now have a whole new vocabulary!!  We were planning to go up Signal Hill today, after church but it was so windy and we really did not want to blow off the hill, so we'll leave that for another day.  Tonight, we are going to see "The Drowning Girls" at LSPU Theater.  Should be a wonderful performance!

Man...I love it here!  Sadly, we will be leaving late Tuesday and for me it will be back to reality and work.  For you it will be 4 months of quiet time!lol Just kidding Seana....or not!
Until next time......


Well, if you didn't already know that my mom and I are alike, the proof is in the writing! I added a picture of us just for fun.  This is a selfie we took at Christmas and is one of my favourites of us.  It's pictures like this that make me realize how alike we look.  Although, we were out shopping a couple days ago, and the woman who worked there commented that we looked a lot alike, all our facial features were practically identical.  Huh.  Well, I do hope I look that good when I'm her age.  That won't be for a really, really long time though! haha (Payback for calling me loud!)

Days until camp: 27

No comments:

Post a Comment