Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Filter

You know what really bothers me?  When people will only drink water if it comes out of a filter.
OK, that sentence immediately makes me a hypocrite, because I drink water out of the Brita filter we have.  But, I really only do it because the filter is kept in the fridge, and the water is therefore colder.  But I have no problem drinking water the comes from the tap.

I just totally don't understand people who won't drink water out of the tap.  I mean, you brush your teeth with tap water.  You wash your dishes with tap water.  You shower with tap water!  But you won't drink tap water.
I guess I can understand why people don't want to drink it.  I mean, it could have different chemicals and whatever in it that you don't want to put in your body.  I totally get that.  But you use that water to clean everything you use to cook your meals, plus what you use to eat those meals.  And, on top of all that, you use that same tap water to clean your entire body!
So, how is drinking tap water any different from cleaning pretty much everything with it?  I'm actually really curious, let me know!  Or tell me what you think on tap water/filters.

Days until summer: 3
Exams until summer: 2
Days until camp: 40

3 comments:

  1. Can you taste the difference? I "will" drink tap water if it's offered or that is what's around...but I gotta say filtered water has less of a "taste".

    When you cook with it ya can't tell. And my toothpaste makes it "minty" :)

    I also heard that chlorine in tap water can "make" you thirsty? But that could be a myth. I might be just already be more dehydrated before I resort to drinking chlorinated tap water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going with the taste thing. Chlorine tastes gross.
    Also, in Korea, no one drinks the tap water, and most of them will even use tap water when making tea or coffee!
    BUT, at home I have no problem drinking tap water, but its better from the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, the taste thing I can totally understand. I think my taste buds must suck, because I don't think I've ever noticed a taste difference, but it definitely makes sense. :)

    ReplyDelete