Friday, April 27, 2012

Mama!

Guess who's here!!!

That's right, my mom flew into town this morning!  I woke up (relatively) early to wash my sheets and finish as much packing as I could.  Then I went to the airport to surprise my mom!  I mean, obviously she knew I would be here, she's here to visit me!  But I told her I wasn't going to the airport to meet her, because I couldn't get a ride.  She thought she'd just take a cab to my house and meet me there.  But, I did have a ride to meet her at the airport, so I decided not to tell her and surprise her!  I mean, it wasn't some huge surprise or anything, she was only seeing me twenty minutes earlier than she thought she would be.  But I love airport reunions, so it was really fun for me to surprise her there.

Once we got her bags and everything, we went back to my house and completely finished packing up all my stuff.  I don't have any pictures or anything of all my stuff, but let's just say... I have a lot.  Like, a lot of stuff.  If/when I move back to the mainland, it is going to be a huge pain in my butt to try and transport all that stuff.  But that's not for a while now, so never mind.

After we were done packing, I made lunch for us at my house, and we hung out with my roommates.  I'm pretty sure I'll see all of them again before I leave, but it was still fun to hang out with them for one last time (again!).  Then mama and I walked over to the bed and breakfast where we're staying this weekend and checked in.  We could have stayed at my house for the weekend, it certainly would have been cheaper, but as this is a vacation for us (mostly her) we decided it would be better to stay somewhere else.  And we always stay at the same bed and breakfast, so they know us and we know them, which is awesome!

Once we were checked in and had all our stuff in our room, we went for a walk around downtown.  Today was a really nice day, really sunny and pretty warm, although it was really windy.  We didn't really do any shopping or anything (well, I didn't) but it was nice to get out in the sun and walk around.

Now, we're getting ready to have dinner with the people who own this B&B, which should be a lot of fun, I'm excited.  I'll let you know tomorrow how it went!

Days until camp: 29

No comments:

Post a Comment