Sunday, April 15, 2012

One Fifty

Yesterday's post was my one hundred and fiftieth post on this blog, and I wanted to do something cool and exciting for it.  Unfortunately, I didn't even start writing until 11:45, because I was having so much fun with my roommates, and I knew fifteen minutes was not enough time to write something as good as what I wanted.  So the milestone was postponed until today.

Those of you who know me know that I love any and all milestones.  Really, I just love having a reason to celebrate, and anything that makes that possible is good for me.  So, even though 150 is not necessarily a significant milestone, I am still going to do something special to celebrate.  Plus, I didn't even acknowledge my two-year anniversary of this blog earlier this month, so this post will make up for it.  PLUS, as of today we are know halfway through BEDA!  Yup, today's post definitely has to be significant.

I've been on the Internet now for over a decade.  I got my first email address when I was eleven, and have been slowly building up my presence since then.  I had a myspace, back when it was still relevant.  I got a facebook when myspace started to die out, and then I was introduced to youtube, among many, many other websites.  Needless to say, I have learned a lot from the Internet in the last decade.  So, today I am going to give a list of 150 things the Internet has taught me:

  1. You can see the Eiffel Tower from every window in Paris.
  2. You can see the CN Tower from every window in Toronto.
  3. You can see the Statue of Liberty from every window in New York.
  4. Cats have a purpose.
  5. And so do some dogs.
  6. All news can be learned from Twitter.
  7. Facebook is for birthdays.
  8. And pictures of: your kids;
  9. You, from a sideways high angle;
  10. Your wedding;
  11. Your pets;
  12. Your self-indulgent photobooth pictures of yourself.
  13. People who say they hate makeup tutorials are liars.
  14. Paperless billing...what?!
  15. When using skype (or other video-chat programs) people only look at their own face.
  16. Things are either:
  17. Epic,
  18. Fails,
  19. Or epic fails,
  20. There's nothing in between.
  21. People love Doctor Who.
  22. Trending topics are the only reason I can participate in discussions in the real world.
  23. Drunk Facebooking,
  24. Drunking Twittering,
  25. Drunk Tumblring,
  26. Are all hilarious
  27. And dangerous.
  28. People hate typos in tweets.
  29. The red battery signal, that your battery's getting low, causes anxiety.
  30. A lot of anxiety.
  31. The red squiggly line under the word that you thought was spelt right, but now you really don't know, causes anxiety.
  32. A lot of anxiety.
  33. Tumblr being down causes anxiety.
  34. A lot of anxiety!
  35. You can buy anything on amazon.com.
  36. ANYTHING!
  37. Facebook ads are made by blind children.
  38. You can learn how to do anything on youtube.
  39. ANYTHING!
  40. You can learn how to open a wine bottle with no corkscrew or opener on youtube.
  41. If someone doesn't have their own wikipedia entry, they just aren't important.
  42. Untagging yourself is offensive.
  43. Your profile pic says everything about you.
  44. Your profile pic says nothing about you.
  45. When celebrities make vlogs... it's weird.
  46. If you have quoted song lyrics on your profile, you are probably a douchebag.
  47. There's a fetish for everyone!
  48. I'm sorry, but I don't care if you're getting a cold,
  49. Have a cold,
  50. Getting the flu,
  51. Have the flu,
  52. Getting over a cold,
  53. Or getting over the flu.
  54. If you are in the army, navy, or military and you make a video:
  55. Singing;
  56. Dancing;
  57. Singing and dancing;
  58. Asking a celebrity to go out with you,
  59. Singing and asking a celebrity to go out with you;
  60. Dancing and asking a celebrity to go out with you;
  61. Singing and dancing and asking a celebrity to go out with you,
  62. It will be a viral video.
  63. If I said "yes" to your facebook invite, I'm probably not going.
  64. I would rather shop online than in real life.
  65. Why don't keyboards have a
  66. .com
  67. wtf
  68. lol
  69. lmao
  70. button?
  71. Girls love taking pictures of their
  72. feet
  73. hands
  74. eyes
  75. hair
  76. jewelry
  77. shoes
  78. the sky
  79. food.
  80. I love food blogs.
  81. Those pictures with the text over them are called image backrows.
  82. But I call them pictures with text over them.
  83. Just because you use Instagram doesn't mean you're a real photographer.
  84. It feels like people are having children solely for the potential of a web video.
  85. "Retweet" is a word in our vocabulary.
  86. We probably all have cancer.
  87. Lindsay Lohan is so sad.
  88. A picture of you planking? Cool story, bro.
  89. Children are idiots.
  90. Photoshop is the greatest invention ever made.
  91. Aside from the Slap Chop.
  92. That thing is awesome.
  93. I have Google Searched how to spell three-letter words.
  94. Just because you have a picture of yourself playing guitar doesn't mean you're going to get on
  95. Canada's Got Talent
  96. The X-Factor
  97. American Idol
  98. The Voice
  99. Glee.
  100. People love Glee.
  101. People hate Glee.
  102. Gleeks will kill you.
  103. You can star an email!
  104. Pics or it didn't happen.
  105. People actually use facebook chat.
  106. Yes, I did forget my password, you condescending website!
  107. Oh, that was my password?!
  108. Why did I make that password?
  109. I should write that down.
  110. People falling down is always great.
  111. No Google, that is not what I meant!
  112. ...Yes, it is what I meant.
  113. Getting reblogged/commented keeps my spirit alive.
  114. No, I will not follow back.
  115. Sub4sub? Get out!
  116. Google docs are NOT doctors that work at Google.
  117. Everyone knows everything about everything.
  118. You don't have a blog?!
  119. What the...?
  120. Frozen? Just turn it off and turn in back on.
  121. "David After Dentist" will have sex one day.
  122. You're not really laughing out loud.
  123. Don't tell me "brb"
  124. Just say goodbye.
  125. Oh really, an entire facebook album dedicated to your new tattoo?
  126. I need to clean my keyboard...
  127. OK Cupid? Really?
  128. Not even Yay Cupid!
  129. Or Super Cupid!
  130. But OK, Cupid, what garbage do you have for me today?
  131. Zoosk is the funniest
  132. and stupidest website name ever.
  133. Shotgunning a beer is
  134. Fun
  135. Hard
  136. and hilarious.
  137. Control T.
  138. Google+... what even?
  139. Everyone loves saying they've read an article on The Huffington Post.
  140. It's not a viral video,
  141. it's an ad campaign.
  142. Jennifer Aniston is not so good at making viral videos.
  143. Twins are only good if they're doing something funny.
  144. If you see it, you should blog it.
  145. Whipped cream vodka exists.
  146. Think of anything in the world, right now.
  147. It's probably a flavour of vodka.
  148. When your mouse batteries die, it is the end of the world!
  149. I hate lipdubs.
  150. I can't stop watching lipdubs!
Days until summer: 5
Exams until summer: 2
Days until camp: 43

PS. I got most of the things on this list (OK, all of them) from this video.  Stealing other people's ideas is just another thing the Internet has taught me.
PPS. Anyone who actually read that whole list is a champ!!

3 comments:

  1. I am a CHAMP! More? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHAMP! YES!! haha
    There will definitely be more blogs, don't you worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why haven't I been reading your blog longer!? Hahaha. This is great! Will think of a better comment later.

    ReplyDelete