Saturday, April 14, 2012

Roommates

I love my roommates.

I was extremely unfortunate in the two years I lived in residence to have horrible roommates.  My first year, I had one roommate who slept all day and was drunk all night, and another roommate who was legitimately crazy, and I'm pretty sure she was planning on killing everyone.* My second year, my roommate and I said less that 50 words to each other during the entire eight months that we lived together.  After those two years, pretty much anyone could have been considered a good roommate.

And I was extremely fortunate last year to live with four amazing girls who I consider all good friends.  We all got along so well and had so few things to fight about that we made up stupid arguments about nothing just to be silly.  However, all four of them graduated at the end of last year and moved out.  I was so sad that I couldn't spend another year living with them, but at the same time I was really excited about the four new girls who were moving in.

Our landlord rents out each room individually, instead of renting out the whole house to a group, so I had no say in who got to live here.  Fortunately, I knew and liked all the girls who were moving in, and I was really excited about living with them.

The five of us have now been living together for eight months, and I have to say it was been an amazing eight months.  Obviously, we all have little quirks that can be annoying (Sabrina pees every 10 minutes, Julie showers five times a day, Jenny's always whistling and Natasha never leaves her room! ...I'm sure I do things that annoy them as well!) but overall we all get along really well.  Tonight, for example.  We all should have been studying for exams, or at least doing something productive.  Instead we spent a couple hours in the kitchen, just talking about anything and everything.  We then moved to the living room, where we watched the movie Something's Gotta Give and Julie did our hair in little twirly, bun-shaped cones all over our heads (we look like Scary Spice, no joke).  It was so fun to forget about school for a few hours and just have fun and veg out.  It really reminded me of how much I'm going to miss these girls over the summer, and how excited I am that the five of us are all living together again next year.

I love my roommates.

Days until summer: 6
Exams until summer: 2
Days until camp: 44

*We found a butcher's knife in her desk drawer.  I didn't sleep for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment