Monday, April 11, 2011

Winning

A couple days ago, I talked about how the radio station I listen to was having this contest and I really wanted to win and I'd been trying every day, and calling in, but I didn't think I was going to win, because I never win anything?  Do you guys remember that?
Well...I won!
Wait...I didn't win the grand prize of going to the concerts (yet!).  Since the contest started, they've been qualifying people to win, and then this Saturday, they're having this big party, and anyone who qualified gets to go, and then they'll pick a winner.  And, now I'm a qualifier!
I need to tell the story:

So the main way to qualify is four times a day every week day, they'll play three songs in a row, and you have to call in and tell them what the songs were.  The only hard part is actually getting through when you try to call.  So, for the last few weeks, I've been trying so hard to call in and get through, but the lines are always busy (big surprise!).  I kept trying, though, every day, because I really want to go and win this grand prize!!!
In addition to this "three song" thing, though, they also have some other ways you can win.  One of them is, if you call in, request a song, and they play it, during the lunch time request thing, your name gets put into a draw to win tickets.  So today, I was just sitting in my living room, studying, and I decided to call in and request a song.  I mean, why not?  I like when they play songs that I like, and I figured it couldn't hurt to qualify, if they even played my song, which I thought was pretty unlikely in and of itself.
So I called and requested the song Mine by Taylor Swift.  About ten minutes, later, I heard myself on the radio, requesting it, and then them playing it.  I thought that was pretty cool, but I still didn't think I was going to win.  I mean, I never win anything!
So after my song, they played another song or two, and then the DJ was like "Now we're going to pick our winner for the four tickets to Saturday night.  Remember, anyone who requested a song that was played this hour was entered into the draw.  And our winner is...Seana Baker!"
My jaw just hit the floor.  I was actually so shocked.  I can't believe I freaking won!!!  I literally never win anything!!
So now, on Saturday night, I'm going to this party and I have an actual shot at winning tickets to the three concerts!*  I mean, I probably won't win, but still!  I could actually win.  There's a legitimate chance that I will win this grand prize!  Woooooo, I am so beyond excited!!!!!! :):):)

Exams left until summer: 4**
Movies watched this April: 0
Episodes of Friends watched this April: 2

love <3

*Lady Gaga in Mexico City, Bruno Mars in Chicago, and Rihanna in Montreal!
**My first two are tomorrow!!  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment