Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Radio

Do you guys listen to the radio?
If someone had asked me that question three years ago, I would have thought it was the stupidest question ever--obviously I listen to the radio, who doesn't?!  Growing up, the radio was always on at my house, and I mean always.  We had at least one on each floor and even when we weren't home, they were on (music for dogs; you know, so they don't get lonely or anything).  The first thing we did when we woke up in the morning was turn on the radio and they stayed on until we went to bed.  Even now, when I'm home, if the radio isn't on, it just seems too quiet.

So, naturally, I just assumed that everyone's family was like mine and they always had their radios on.  But, I've come to find out that a lot of families are not as weird as mine (in many other ways too) and they don't listen to the radio at all, or not very often.

I don't know why I find this weird.  I mean, whether you listen to the radio or not...it doesn't change who you are as a person.  I guess I just grew up listening to the radio constantly and it baffles me that some people didn't grow up like that.  Weird.

So, for those of you who do listen to the radio, do you ever try to win in the contests they have?  Wait, maybe that's a stupid question.  I mean, do you call in to win stuff?  I never used to that much--I mean, if I had the radio on when they said to call in, I would, but I'd only try a couple times and I'd never make a big deal about tuning in at specific times to try and win.

Well, the radio station I listen to here has this contest on now, and you can win tickets to see a Lady Gaga concert, a Bruno Mars concert, and a Rihanna concert (one person wins tickets to the three separate concerts! It's crazy!!).  At first, I would just call in if I was listening in the morning, or if the radio happened to be on at a later time, but it was no big deal.  But now!  I'm setting alarms so I don't miss it!  I almost had a nervous breakdown when I called earlier today and it actually started ringing!!! (It went to voice mail...I almost cried)  And, I mean, it's a really great prize, and it would be amazing to win.  But even if I manage to get through, that only qualifies me to win, and the chances still wouldn't be that high that I'd actually win.

Have you guys ever acted like this, for any kind of competition (radio or otherwise)?  I mean, tried really hard to win, and freaked out about it, even though the chances are slim?  Let me know in the comments!

In other news, today was the last day of classes for the semester, which continues to blow my mind, as it feels like my birthday was three weeks ago, when really it was almost three months ago (wait, what?!) and all that stands between me and summer vacation is four exams and nine days.  I guess it's time to stop procrastinating...or time to make a video...one of the two!

Exams left until summer: 4
Movies watched this April: 0
Episodes of Friends watched this April: 2

love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment