Friday, April 29, 2011

Fear

I genuinely didn't think I was going to be able to post today.  I just moved today from my house to a bed breakfast with my mom* and I forgot to get the password for the wireless before I left for work and when I got home the owner was gone and waahh.  I was majorly freaking out and I thought tomorrow's post would have to be filled with major apologies.  But alas, there are still some people in the world who don't have password-protected networks and I am currently stealing me some wireless.  Woot!

So today I want to talk about fear.  Everyone's scared of stuff, obviously.  For example, I am scared of heights, birds, snakes and the dark.  I am also scared of being alone forever, being rejected, and not being good enough.  What are you guys scared of?

What I really want to talk about is the root of fear: where do our fears come from?  I mean, for my four physical fears (heights, birds, snakes, & dark) there's nothing that ever really happened to me that gave me these fears.  I mean, I didn't fall from something really high, nor was I attacked by a bird or anything crazy like that.  So it's just kind of weird to think of where these fears come from: why am I afraid of birds?  There is absolutely no reason I should be scared of birds.  And sitting here, inside, right now, it's easy for me to think "Birds aren't scary.  Tomorrow, I won't be scared of birds!" but I can guarantee if I see a bird outside tomorrow, I'll freak out.  Why?  It's pretty weird.

Days until camp: 29
Movies watched this April: 9

love <3

*We're treating ourselves and staying here for two nights before we fly home on Sunday.  So freaking excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment