Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Why can't we worry about next year, I don't know, next year? Why does it have to ruin this year too?"

I feel kind of bad.  I'm pretty sure the friend I mentioned in this blog read what I wrote and is now mad at me.  I mean, if she read it she would automatically know I was talking about her.  I doubt anyone else knows who I'm talking about, but if she read it, she would know it was her.  But part of me also doesn't feel that bad.  I mean, it's not like I said anything bad about her.  I just talked about how I felt about the situation.  And it would be really unfair for her to be mad at me over how I feel.  My feelings are my feelings and neither I nor anyone else can change them; that's just how I feel.  And, like I said, I didn't say her name or anything bad about her.  If I had been like "Her name is Whatever and she's such a bitch!  If you know her, you should hate her!  And here's a list of all her flaws and all the bad things about her!"  If I had said that, then I could completely understand her being mad, because that would be a really mean thing to do.  So if you're reading this, and you're mad at me, I'm sorry!! I still love you, I promise!  Please text me or something and we can talk about it!  I'm not mad at you and I really hope you aren't mad at me, but I also hope you can understand where I was coming from.

So for anyone who read my post yesterday (which I hope is no one.  It was terrible.  I am sorry) you know that I am sick.  Just a stuffy nose, but still.  Being sick right before exams is probably the worst part of life.  So last night I ran out of Kleenex, probably because I was literally blowing my nose every fifteen minutes.  It was kinda gross, I'm not gonna lie.  So this morning, I was like, I have to go get more Kleenex, otherwise I might die.  So I walked to the Shoppers that is less than ten minutes away walking.  So I get there at about 11:30 and I see that it doesn't open until noon!  Well, I was not going to walk all the way home, wait less than ten minutes and then walk all the way back.  That would just be silly.  So I go the the Tim Hortons' that is right next to Shoppers and get a hot chocolate and wait.  While drinking my hot chocolate, I realized I had to go to the bank and get money so that I could buy the Kleenex.  So I go to the ATM and get $20 (my last $20!) out of my account.  Then I look at my watch and see that I still have fifteen minutes until Shoppers opens, so I decide to go to the grocery store and just look around, just for something to do.  So I'm walking around the grocery store and I see that they sell Kleenex!  So I'm like, well I'll just get it here instead of waiting fifteen minutes for Shoppers to open, where it is probably more expensive.  So I pick up a box of Kleenex and I'm ready to go.  Except, for some reason, I decide that continuing to look around the grocery story is a good idea.  This is where it all goes downhill.  Instead of just getting the $0.99 box of Kleenex that I needed and leaving, I ended up getting two boxes of cookies, two bags of Crispy Minis and some Fuzzy Peaches.  I spent $13 for a $0.99 box of Kleenex.  I really don't understand myself sometimes.

So I have a really big decision to make by Friday about where I'm going to live next year and I really have no idea what I'm going to do.  I can either come back to res for a third year or live off-campus.  The price is going to be about the same, so it's really just which one I want.  I am so not equipped to make this decision, which could potentially be life-changing, and I really don't know what to do.  So I am going to discuss the pros and cons of each option, and maybe you guys can let me know what you think. (I'm not asking anyone to make this decision for me; I know I'm the only one that can make it.  I'm just hoping maybe some of you can give me your opinions.)
1) LIVING IN RES
PROS
--right on campus; no time walking to campus
--on meal plan; don't have to worry about cooking or grocery shopping
--living with friends nearby
--can ask others for help with courses etc
CONS
--roommate; no single room/privacy
--dining hall sucks, especially for vegetarian
--lots of socializing; not conducive to good study habits

2) LIVING OFF-CAMPUS
PROS
--can make my own food and eat what I want
--live with more studious people; potentially better marks?
--own room; sooo much more privacy
--bathroom shared with three other girls, not 15
--can watch TV? maybe...(when not studying...)
CONS
--have to take time to cook and grocery shop; added stress
--have to take time to walk to campus; boots, coat, etc
--not as close to some friends; likely won't see them as often
--probably not as involved in winter carnival, I <3 MUNdays, etc

That's pretty much all I can think of for both, although I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting.  If anyone has any brilliant ideas or opinions about how I can decide, they would be so much appreciated.  I have until Friday and...I don't know.  I just don't know.

Books read this year: 16
Exams left until summer: 5

love <3

P.S.  The title of this post is a quote from season three of The OC, I'm not sure which episode.  Seth said it to Ryan.  For anyone who knew that, I love you.  Just saying. :)

4 comments:

  1. I had a very similar situation happen to me and my (at the time, best... she's not even my friend anymore.) friend, except I very much said things like "i'm so fed up with her and her boyfriend, I can't wait for him to move so they'll just break up and stop fighting already, i'm sick of being the middle person, bitch&moan, bitch&moan.." sooo... yeah, it didn't go over well at all... I haven't been close with her since, but that's for completely different reasons.
    I think if you just talk it over with your friend, it should be okay. :)

    Personally, I'm living off campus for several of the reasons that you listed. and you could totally be involved with all the res things that include alumni! :) (if you're looking for somewhere to live, we may or may not need another!:D the door is open.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is, I'm not mad at her! I'm a little disappointed that she didn't think to include me, when I thought we were friends, but I'm not mad. I just really needed to get my feelings out and now she might be mad at me. I mean, she might not, I just have this feeling. But I still want to be friends with her, and I'm not holding it against her or anything. I don't know. And because I don't know for sure if she read it or not, I can't go apologize to her, because she just might be like, what are you talking about? and then she actually will get mad at me. I'm just hoping that if she read Thursday's post, hopefully she'll read today's and, if she is mad, she'll realize that our friendship means more than this. If not, she's not a real friend, I guess.

    I have a place to live for next year, if I want it, but thanks anyway! It's really just a matter of deciding how I want to live next year. But it is way too stressful to have to decide this week, let me tell you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhhhhh, so awkward!!
    Probably the best way to go about it is to just play it cool, or maybe even talk to her about your original post, and whether she read it or not, tell her how you felt about not being invited? I dunno, but it would probably be best to just continue treating her how you've always treated her, if she doesn't want to return the action, then that's her problem, not yours! :)

    And that's good! :) I have to agree, there are a LOT of advantages to living on campus, but PERSONALLY, it was the privacy thing that really did it for me. I love my roomate, but i've always been one that needs my own space for my own time, you know? :)

    Anyways, i've been loving reading your blog every day, so keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually haven't talked to her since Friday at lunch, because I've been so busy studying, but I saw her at supper tonight and I don't know if she just didn't see me, but I kind of got a weird vibe. I'm probably just imagining all of this.

    Yea, privacy is a pretty big deal for me. Also, i've had three pretty bad roommates, and I had said before that I definitely couldn't do it again, but TJ's cousin is moving into Burke next year, and I've met her a few times and she's a real sweetheart and she wants to live with me and...I don't know.

    Aww thanks! It's nice to know someone else is actually reading this! lol :)

    ReplyDelete