Wednesday, April 14, 2010

there's a hole in my bucket

There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza.
There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza,
A hole.

Well fix it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry
Well fix it, dear Henry, dear Henry,
Fix it.

With what shall I fix it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
With what shall I fix it, dear Liza,
With what?

With a straw, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry.
With a straw, dear Henry, dear Henry,
A straw.

But the straw is too long, dear Liza, dear Liza.
But the straw is too long, dear Liza,
Too long.

Then cut it dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry.
Then cut it dear Henry, dear Henry,
Cut it.

With what shall I cut it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
With what shall I cut it, dear Liza,
With what?

With an axe, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry.
With an axe, dear Henry, dear Henry,
An axe.

But the axe is too dull, dear Liza, dear Liza
But the axe is too dull, dear Liza,
Too dull.

Then sharpen it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry.
Then sharpen it, dear Henry, dear Henry,
Sharpen it.

With what shall I sharpen it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
With what shall I sharpen it, dear Liza,
With what?

With a stone, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry.
With a stone, dear Henry, dear Henry,
A stone.

But the stone is too dry, dear Liza, dear Liza.
But the stone is too dry, dear Liza,
Too dry.

Then wet it dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry.
Then wet it, dear Henry, dear Henry,
Wet it.

With what shall I wet it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
With what shall I wet it, dear Liza,
With what?

With water, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry.
With water, dear Henry, dear Henry,
With water.

How shall I fetch it, dear Liza, dear Liza?
How shall I fetch it, dear Liza,
How shall I?

With a bucket, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry.
With a bucket, dear Henry, dear Henry,
A bucket.

There's a hole in my bucket.

This is what I do instead of studying.  Are you proud of me? Haha  For anyone who doesn't know, this is a kid's song, and it's pretty much the best song ever.  Did anyone else notice how completely incompetent Henry is?!  Really?  He doesn't know how to cut straw, or how to fetch water? haha I always found this song quite amusing as a child and now, thanks to my procrastination, you can all experience it again as well! (You're welcome)

I'm listening to the radio and some lady just tried to say Michael Buble, but she pronounced his last name wrong.  She said Bublee-ay, and now I can't stop laughing.*  It's not even that funny, but my mind seems to find it hilarious.  It's a good thing my roommate isn't here; she might think I've gone insane for laughing this much about something that really isn't quite that funny.

So I was just watching this video, and even though I hear the song on the radio all the time, and I have it on my iPod, this was my first time seeing the video, and it really gave me the chills.  I don't know why.  Talk about something really powerful!

It is now much later.  I should be studying for my French exam, which is Friday morning.  Unfortunately, within the last hour to hour and a half, my mentality towards exams has completely changed:  I no longer care about exams at all.  I know this is wrong on so many levels.  I think the problem is that I was studying all day for my math exam, which is Friday afternoon, and I have realized that it will be a freaking miracle if I pass that class.  I have been trying so hard in this class all semester and it just has not been working out.  It's a calculus class, and the majority of the material is integrals, and they just don't make sense to me, at all.  This is actually really unfortunate because in high school, math was my best subject.  It was one of the few things I was actually good at.  And now...like I said, it'll be a miracle if I pass this course.  But now, I really should go study for French, which I'm actually not worried about.  Math is the only of my five exams this semester that I'm worried about.  Oh well.  Only 46 hours until math'll be over, and 138 hours until I'm done my second year.  Woot!

Books read this year: 17 (this number isn't going to increase until exams are over)
Exams left until summer: 4

love <3

*I was just proofreading this before I post it and I read that sentence and started laughing all over again just thinking about it.  And it still isn't that funny...

P.S.  I just realized something, and this is probably the worst thing to realize in the middle of exam week, but whatever.  What I realized is that, pass or fail, it doesn't really matter.  I mean, yes, it might mean an extra year of school.  It might mean losing a scholarship, or not getting as high a GPA as you wanted.  But, really?  Ten years from now, the fact that you only got 75 in a course when you wanted an 80 probably isn't even going to be something you remember.  When you're applying for a job, or looking for a promotion, no employer is going to look at your university transcript and be like "Well, it looks like you failed math 1001 the first time you took it in 2010, so I'm afraid we can't hire you."  That would never happen in a million years.  So yes, it's always a good idea to strive for the best, but sometimes you aren't successful and that's just the way it is.  But in 5, 10, 20 years, you won't even remember.  Just think about that when you're stressing out over exams.

3 comments:

  1. It's so good to remember your post script!!
    Thanks for reminding me babe <3

    - Madi

    ReplyDelete
  2. while I LOVE LOVE LOVE your PS;



    tell me when I get my marks back... I won't study otherwise! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love you both :)
    Don't stress! Study, and try your best, but don't stress. Whatever happens, happens :)

    ReplyDelete