Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Perfect

First off, I realize yesterday's post was kind of heavy and possibly quite thought-provoking.  I don't know.  That's just what was on my mind, and I really didn't have much to write about.  However, one of my good friends, Karla, came up with a pretty good answer.  She said, "If you get your heart's desire, it's a tragedy because you have nothing to look forward any more. You've got it, and you will probably lose your motivation. You always want what you can't have, so once you find it it won't be as significant as you thought. It's a pretty boring life if you don't have some kind of goal at all times, so if you truly get your heart's desire, there's no where else to go. That's depressing."   Thanks Karla!

So today was a pretty great day, and yet seemed to go by rather insignificantly.  The only class I had today was a french conversation class, in which we had a potluck party.  So basically all we did was eat lots of completely unhealthy (and yet extremely delicious) food and play random games, like charades, partially in french.  It was a great way to end what was possibly one of my favourite classes.

I then had lunch and threw in a load of laundry.  After that, I should have started studying for finals.  My first final is in a week.  The logical part of brain, the part that got me to university, should have been like "Seana!  Start studying!"  Instead I made, edited, and uploaded my first youtube video.  Now, I know what you're thinking: in my first post, I said I wasn't going to upload anything for another three weeks because my digital camera doesnt record sound, and this still remains true.  However, last night, as I was walking back from mailing a birthday card to my grandmother (who's the best granddaughter that lives 3000km away?!) I decided to take some footage of the campus, so that I could practice editing, as I have never made, let alone edited, a video before.  I figured I should get some practice in before it comes time for the real thing.  So I recorded about ten different videos, all on my walk back to my house.  I then pretended I knew what I was doing, put them altogether as one video, added some music, and uploaded it.  I legitimately had no clue what I was doing, so if you watch it and it looks choppy not amateur, well that's why.  But I like it.  I think the music fits perfectly with the footage, and it looks kind of cute and artsy.  Unfortunately, I filmed most of it as it was getting dark, so I don't know how well you'll be able to see everything.  When I watch it, I can see everything, but that's because I know what I'm supposed to be seeing.  But, this video was more so I could figure what I was at, rather than for youtubely entertainment.  I'm not even in the video!  That's how little intention I had of posting this baby.

Other than that, the day was highly uneventful.  Second last day of classes.  I actually prefer going to class every day, than studying for, and writing, final exams.  Me and exams do not mix.  I get ridiculously stressed out, and super nervous, and then forget everything.  I think I might be one of the few people who would prefer writing papers and doing term projects to writing exams.  But, just my luck, I picked a degree that involves zero papers, and I have to do lab exams.  Wow, I love my life. :|  But, as much as I dread exams, two weeks right now, I will be done all my exams, done my second year of university, and at the best concert of my life.  That is what I'm looking forward to.  The sooner exams are over, the sooner I get to have one of the best nights of my life.  Oh baby.

love <3

P.S.  In my youtube video, there is quite a lot of footage of the ducks that live in the pond on campus.  As you may or may not notice, there are several points in which my camera seems to jerk in one direction.  This is because of the fact that I am, for reasons unknown by me, petrified of ducks, and all birds.  I don't know why, but the entire time I was filming the ducks, I was sure they were going to take one look at me, see my shiny camera, and try to kill me.  Birds and heights are my biggest fears, so filming the ducks last night was actually one of the scariest experiences of my life, especially because I was alone and it was getting dark.  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment