Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Year's Resolution!

So I know I already posted today, and I know I posted less than an hour ago.  However, there is something I wanted to mention to you all before I forgot, and it didn't feel right to put it in with the last post.  So I'm making another! (Nothing like procrastinating from studying...)

So my New Year's Resolution this year was to read fifty books.  I love reading, and I read a lot of books, but I've never really kept track of how many books I read in a year.  So this year, I'm keeping track.  The books I have read so far this year are:

1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
8. Airhead
9. Being Nikki
10. Queen of Babble
11.Queen of Babble in the Big City
12. Queen of Babble Gets Hitched
13. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince*
14. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows*
15. Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants

I am currently in the middle of The Second Summer of the Sisterhood, after which I plan on reading Girls in Pants and Forever in Blue.  I also really want to read Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty and the other four books in that series.  It is also extremely likely that I will read, yet again, Crow Lake  by Mary Lawson, which is one of my favourite books of all time.  If you haven't read it, go now.  I will probably also reread Monkey Beach by Eden Robinson.  There's also a good chance that I will reread all four Twilight  books.  Oh!  I also really want to read Looking for Alaska  by John Green.  I have heard nothing but good things about that book.

So, that's a lot of books. Thirty, actually.  Which isn't quite fifty.  So please please please give me suggestions!!  What are some good books you've read??  I want to know!  I still need to read twenty more books this year, and I don't want to reread any more books! I want my last twenty to be books I have never read before.  This means don't bother suggesting anything by Meg Cabot, because I have read everything she's written.  Trust me.

Books read this year: 15

love <3

*Yes, I read these two books twice within about a month.  What?  They're really good books.  Don't judge. :P

6 comments:

  1. Breaking Free from Emotional Eating by Geneen Roth it's a great read

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Giver by Lois Lowry
    Night by Elie Wiesel
    Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger
    The Wars by Timothy Findley

    All great books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Giver!! I had to read it in grade eight for a noval study. Favourite. And I read Catcher in the Rye for english last year, it was good. I'll definitely check out the other two, though! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The White Tiger - Aravind Adiga
    the Dexter series - Jeff Lindsay
    T is for Trespass - Sue Grafton
    Innocent in Death - J.D Robb

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lovely Bones! I know it's a movie but it's a better book!
    Also, I'm really into The "Shopaholic" series and also, "Can you Keep A Secret" by the same author. LOVEE those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. time to nerd this place up

    The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan
    A Song of Ice and Fire - George RR Martin
    Mistborn - Brandon Sanderson
    His Majesty's Dragon - Naomi Novik

    ReplyDelete