Friday, April 9, 2010

Little Bit About...Me!

So I was just watching some of the new episodes of 90210, on Megavideo, that I hadn't seen yet and it just stopped and told me that I had watched too much today and have to wait an hour before I can watch more.  Boo.  This, however, tells us many things: 1) I did not do nearly enough studying today; 2) it's time to blog; and 3) I have a television addiction.  This is a problem.

I'm not going to lie, I was kind of procrastinating blogging today, for the sole (soul?) reason that I have nothing to talk about.  Nothing happened today.  I slept in (again...), ate lunch...did internet things...I don't even remember...I think I studied for a bit, took a nap, ate supper, studied some more, and apparently watched too much 90210.  What an interesting life I live.  So I thought today, I would share with a list of some things about me.  I know most of the people currently reading this actually me personally (I think...) but I'm sure there are some things about me they probably don't know.  And in case there's people who don't actually know me and just stumbled upon this blog.  So I'm going to share just a random-jumble list of fun facts about me!

--I still have no idea what I want to be when I "grow up" although I am currently studying nutrition.
--When I was fourteen, I lost all the vision in my left eye, because of scar tissue on my retina, but the doctors don't know what caused it, and even though I had surgery on it, it didn't help.
--Between May 2001 and October 2007, I had nine different surgeries, eight of which were at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.
--I am an only child, and even though from time to time I wish I had a sister, I actually love being an only child.
--My mom is my best friend, and the only person in the world I trust 100%.
--I have about four or five really, really good friends who I love with my whole heart and who I know would be there for me, no matter what.  You know who you are.
--I have been a vegetarian since I was thirteen years old, and I never found it difficult until I came to university and couldn't make my own meals.  But I'm still going strong!...for the most part..
--I really like writing fictional short stories and such, and I would love to have a book published one day.  The only problem: I am so self-conscious about people reading my writing.  So I'll publish a book that no one is allowed to read, ever.  Sound like a good plan?
--For the first time in a long time, I can honestly say I am genuinely happy.  For those of you who don't know me, this is a really big deal.
--My top five favourite movies of all time are, in no order: When Harry Met Sally, Pretty Woman, Remember the Titans, Footloose, and Dirty Dancing.
--Of those five movies, only one of them was made after I was born (Remember the Titans) and it's set in the 70s...I like the "old days"...
--I grew up listening mostly to music from the 50s, 60s and 70s and I know and love that music so much more than music from the 90s and the...2000s? 00s?  What the heck do you call the last decade?  What is this decade called? the 10s?  That's silly.
--I have the attention span of...something that has a short attention span.  I believe I relate most of Dory, from Finding Nemo, although I would like to think my memory is slightly better than hers.
--Speaking of memory, I have the hardest time remembering things for tests and exams, but I have the most random memories of all time.  I remember completely insignificant details from books, I remember the most random experiences from my childhood.  It's weird.
--I still cry when I watch The Lion King. (Don't judge me.  And don't tell me you don't get sad when Mufasa dies and Simba is all "Dad?  Dad, get up.  Come on, stop joking around." If that doesn't make you sad, you have no soul!)
--I watched Aladdin for the first time this year.  I tried to watch it when I was a child and got ridiculously scared and never watched it again.
--I love live theatre.  I've been going to plays with my mom since I was old enough to sit still for a couple hours, and I absolutely love it.  I'm pretty sure I've seen every major play that has been in Toronto, among many, many others.
--When I was 17, I saw High School Musical on stage.  I wish any part of that sentnce was an exaggeration.  It's not.
--When I was younger, I used to have a crazy obsession with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.  Like, we're talking an unhealthy obsession.  I'm pretty sure I own every movie, book, doll, and everything else they've ever made.  I paid to be a member of their fan club.  I used to wish I was the "third Olsen twin" even though that isn't actually possible.
--While we're talking about MK and A (I know how cool I am. Don't worry about it), you know the movie It Takes Two?  The camp that it was filmed at is in, like, central Ontario, near Hunstville, and I went to that camp for ten summers.  Not because they were there!  Even I'm not that crazy (...).  My cousins have been going there forever, my aunts and uncles volunteer there, and going there is how I first heard of "the Olsen twins".
--I've never had a nickname.  My dad used to call my George, goodness knows why, as I'm a girl...but he stopped that a couple years ago.  I mean, my mom has "mom nicknames" that she calls me, like Bubby, Chickie, Dollface, Babyface (my mom's a tool) but those don't count.  So if you can think of a cool, legitimate nickname for me, I would be very grateful!
--My guilty-pleasure TV shows that I watch, even though I don't have time, are 90210, Desperate Housewives, Gossip Girl, America's Next Top Model, Canada's Next Top Model, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Big Brother, The Bachelor/Bachelorette.
--The shows I'm actually not embarassed to admit I watch are The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, and The Amazing Race.  And, of course, Friends, although I have to rely on reruns and the seasons that I own on DVD.
--I would love to run The Amazing Race with my mom, except I'm pretty sure you have to be American, which is the stupidest thing in the entire world.

I'm sure there are a million other weird, crazy, ridiculous things I could tell you about myself, but I can't think of anything else right now.  If there's anything you want to know, feel free to ask!  And tell me some things about you that I maybe don't already know!

Books read this year: 16
Exams left until summer: 5

love <3

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! I remember the night we found out about the Olsen twin obsession and I almost peed my pants. I was a Full House kid but you took it to a whole new level. Thank you for reminding me how awesome you are. That laugh was so NEEDED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's funny? I never watched Full House. By the time my obsession really developed, Full House was already over. That is the only part of their lives I'm missing out on. And you're welcome. I'm glad you find my ridiculous childhood amusing. :)

    ReplyDelete