Tuesday, April 20, 2010

DONE!!! :)

DONE!!!!!!!!!! I finished my last exam about an hour ago and I am now done my second year of university!!  Oh my goodness, I am so happy exams are finally over!!  And tonight will probably be the best night of my life.  I am going to a concert here in town, with Fefe Dobson, Stereos, Faber Drive, and Hedley!!  I got tickets for my birthday, in January, from my mom and I have been waiting for this night for the last three months.  I'm not a big Fefe Dobson fan, and I saw Faber Drive on New Year's, but Hedley is basically my favourite band in the entire world.  Ahh I'm so excited!!!!!  I will try my best to take pictures, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any photography or video allowed.  But I will try my best!

There is kind of a downside to today, though.  As I mentioned before, my mom is coming out here tomorrow, and I am so freaking excited to see her!  But, the volcanic ash cloud from the explosion in Iceland last week that was over the UK and Scandinavia, and parts of Europe and heading towards Russia.  Well, I guess it changed directions or something, because yesterday it was over the east coast near us, and yesterday morning all flights were grounded.  I checked both the St. John's and Toronto airport websites this morning, and it doesn't look like there's any problems, but I'm worried my mom won't be able to get here, or she'll get stuck in Halifax or something.  I just want to see my mom! lol  So I'm a little worried about that, especially because I'm not flying home until Sunday, and I don't really want to spend four days here by myself when it's supposed to be our vacation.  So hopefully she'll be able to get here tomorrow!

Books read this year: 18*
Exams left until summer: 0!!! (I need something new to count down...ideas?)

love <3

*For those of you following my mission to read fifty books this year, yesterday I finished Forever in Blue, the fourth and final book in Ann Brashares Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series.  I have now started reading Crow Lake by Mary Lawson.  I highly recommend this book to everyone in the world.  I had to read it for English class in grade 12, and it quickly became one of my favourite books.  Here's what it says on the back of the book: "Here is a gorgeous, slow-burning story of family love and misunderstandings, of resentments harboured and driven underground.  Set in the rough-hewn heart of the Canadian Shield, Crow Lake brings us into the fold of the Morrisons, a family bound close by unexpected lose.  Young Kate Morrison worships her elder brother Matt, whose passionate interest in the natural world inspires Kate to become a biologist.  But as an adult she feels estranged from her siblings--Matt, Luke and Bo--who once composed her entire world, and she can't reconcile the heroic brother of her youth with the all-too-human man he has become."  I can't even describe to you how much I love this book.  Seriously, go read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment