Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Bad...

The Internet was down for the last two days.  I live in the middle of nowhere, OK, it's not my fault!
So all the campers left today for another session.  It was a little bittersweet, actually.  I mean, ten days is a long time to spend with the same eight kids, so there's always some kids you're not sad to see leave.  But at the same time, there are of course the amazing kids that you want to keep forever.  I had campers who fit into both extremes this session, plus some in the middle.  Also, there are eight counsellors who left yesterday/today/tomorrow and who aren't coming back for the next session.  People who know me know that I hate when things end and I hate saying goodbye.  Like, really hate it.  Needless to say, I cried a lot this morning when I had to say some goodbyes.  I just want things to not change, which obviously isn't rational but still.
In other news, I am now back in St John's for three days!  I brought back a group of campers with two other counsellors today.  The other two are leaving in the morning, but I'm staying until Wednesday to bring back more campers to camp for the next session.  Basically, I'm just really excited to have a few days in a hotel, by myself, where I can just relax, sleep, whatever.  I mean, I live here all year round, so I have no desire to do anything tourist-y.  There's a couple friends I want to see, but even if I don't see them, school starts again in just over two weeks, and I'll be seeing them nearly every day.  So I'm not going super out of my way to see lots of people.  I just really want to sleep and do nothing for two days, so that I can get all my energy back for the last session.

Flights taken: 12

love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment