Friday, August 26, 2011

Irene

Have you guys heard of Hurricane Irene?  It was in the Carribbean a couple days ago and is now making it's way up the East Coast of the US.  It's supposed to hit Boston early Sunday morning, and could then go inland, or it could keep going up the coast and come extremely close to camp.  We've already set into play our "contigency plans" just in case the storm is really bad and we're stuck inside for an extended period of time.  This basically means that today and tomorrow are chalk full of all the really big activities, Sunday and Monday are full of movies and indoor things, and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are probably going to be almost entirely waterfront activities so that the kids don't miss that stuff.  Basically this session is officially really weird and I hope we don't actually get hit with the hurricane.  I'm expecting lots of wind and rain, but hopefully no actual tropical storm.  Sound good?
In other news, today I went on the giant swing again, and went all the way to the top.  I freaking hate that swing, it scares the bejesus out of me.  And yet, I have now gone twice in a very short period of time, and gone to the top both times.  Yikes!  It's almost like...I'm becoming...not afraid of heights! Gasp!!!
Nah, they still terrify me.  Don't think this changes anything.

Flights taken: 13

love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment