Monday, August 8, 2011

Day Nine, Feelin' Fine!

Staring at a blinking cursor again.  This really isn't the way blogging is supposed to go, is it??

So today is (essentially) the last day of this session.  The campers leave tomorrow morning, and we get two days off before the next group of kids show up on Friday.  Day nine is usually a pretty relaxed day, the kids pack all their stuff, we give them their GREAT Beads* and they find out our real names.**  Basically, today is a pretty chill day, until we have to say goodbye to them tonight.  I really hate saying goodbye, I almost always cry.  Like, always.  Even though I don't feel as close to these girls as I have felt to other campers in the past, that doesn't change the fact that I spent ten days with them, and I'm still really going to miss them.  Blah.

Flights taken: 11

love <3

*GREAT stands for Goal Setting, Responsible Leadership, Environmental Awareness, Adventure and Creativity, and Teamwork and Friendship.  The kids spend all ten days trying to earn them.
**We do camp names here, but we tell them our real names at the end.  I kind of wish they never found out our real names, but it's fun to see their reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment