Wednesday, August 31, 2011

BEDAugust Fail!

I'm sorry, I really am.  I tried as hard as I could this month to post every day, but alas, I was not even close to being successful.  Now, I could give you all kinds of excuses (I work 24/7 with not a lot of time off; I'm in the middle of nowhere with bad Internet; I have a terrible memory) but that's not what I want this last post to be about.  Let's just say that I'm much better at BEDApril than BEDAugust and leave it at that.
So tomorrow is the last full day of camp for the summer.  Friday morning all the kids leave, Friday evening we have our staff banquet, and then Friday night and Saturday everyone leaves.  The summer is almost officially entirely over and I can't handle it.  As I've said many times, this summer has gone by way too quickly.  But it's not just that.  It's also that I've had another life-changing summer and I'm not quite ready to go back into the real world yet.  I mean, I feel like a completely different person than I was three months ago, thanks to a lot of people I met this summer, and I'm so happy about that.  But at the same time, I'm nervous that when I get back to my real life, I'll lose all of that.  I'll forget everything I learned this summer, and the impact those girls had on me will be for nothing, and I really don't want that.
This is was just a really complicated, really intense summer and I'm not quite ready for it to be over.  I'm also not quite ready to say goodbye to some people, knowing that I'll probably never see them again.  I don't think I can handle that quite yet.

Flights taken: 13

love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment