Sunday, October 3, 2010

six month anniversary!

Today is the six-month anniversary of my blog!  How exciting is that?!  I can't believe how quickly the last six months have gone by!  I realize I say that about pretty much everything, but it's true!  So for today's post, which I want to kind of be special and a big deal, I am going to list my favourite parts of the last six months!  People who have been reading this for the last six months can probably already guess what a lot of these are going to be, but maybe not!  I'm going to try to keep these in order of when they happened, but I have a bad memory, plus I'm kind of ADD, so they'll probably all be pretty random.  Here goes:

  • finishing my second year of university!
  • Hedley concert just hours after finishing my last exam!
  • BEDA...even though I kind of failed at the end
  • home for a month!
  • driving 1600km in two days with someone who I normally have pretty much nothing to say to.
  • CAMP!  I don't even know how to describe this summer, there are way too many memorable and amazing things that happened this summer,  it would take forever for me to try and describe just how awesomely perfect this summer was.  Here is the best way for me to do it: Shine, Tiffany, I'yonna, Savannah, Kourtnie, Calli; Whisper, Kisha, Sam, Taylor, Adrianna, BJ, Emily, Anna, Marisha; Oups, Sarah, Elodie, Erika, Noamie, Jennifer, Armine, Marcella; Gooby, Cassielle, Carol-Ann, Kelsey, Allison, Elona, Saada, Yvette, Gabrielle; Sage, Alyssa, Megan W, Megan M, Brianna, Minjo, Jasmin, Blair, Hadeya; Buzz, Alicia, Katie, Erin, LaKeisha, Brianna, Valynn, Amber, Nykeala; Feather, Drew, Hailey, Chloe, Alexis, Jenna, Jazmen, Tori, Jessica, and Josee.  These are my campers from this summer, plus the counsellor that I worked with for that session.  Every single one of these girls is simply amazing and they have each had an impact on my life, whether big or small.  They all hold a place in my heart and I will always love them, forever.
  • Halifax for Canada Day with Buzz, Shiver, Kowabunga, Shine, Oups, Captain, and Tic Tac.
  • getting to see my mama in Halifax for a weekend in August.
  • meeting and spending three months with some really amazing people who I hope I will be friends with for a very long time.
  • being in denial about leaving camp-wasn't so fun for me, but it certainly gave the other counsellors something to laugh about.
  • going to my aunt and uncle's cottage for a night, and discovering that fall had hit Ontario very early!
  • going to my annual Blue Jays game on Labour Day weekend with my mama, and the Jays winning (of course!)
  • coming back to Newfoundland for my third (of many) years at MUN.
  • moving out, completely on my own, for the first time and being rather scared.
  • MUNCF fall retreat 2010...oh the awkwardness...lol
I think that's pretty much it.  I could have gone on and on about camp, but other than that, I don't think I'm really forgetting anything.  It's been a great six months, full of lots of emotions, lots and lots of laughter, and just a general good time.  I have very thoroughly enjoyed spending and sharing this time with you, and I hope you'll stick around for at least another six months, because I know I'll still be here!

High: getting a free lunch at church today.  It was for young adults and it was yummy!
Low: we don't have cable at our house, so I can't watch either Desperate Housewives or The Amazing Race tonight, I have to wait until it comes online.  What a hard life I lead. lol
Thankful: for the very unseasonal, yet amazing weather we've had for the last couple days.  It's like summer, again...in October...

Books read this year: 38

love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment