Sunday, October 17, 2010

friends are forever

Sleepovers: nails, makeup, hair, pictures, movies, popcorn.  Sleepovers were my childhood.  I loved going over to someone's house with a couple other friends and just hanging out for the night.  Sleepovers were the highlight of my week, sometimes of my entire month.  Last night, I had the first girl-y sleepover since I don't even know when.

One of my really good friends, Sam, come over last night, just after 6.  We made supper, talked, hung out, had a few drinks, laughed about things that were not really very funny this morning, took silly pictures and just had a genuinely good time.  We ended the night by watching High School Musical 3 (I love HSM. Don't judge) for the sole reason that she had never seen it.  Then we curled up in bed and talked for a while, before finally falling asleep much earlier than we probably would have otherwise.  This morning, we made breakfast (I had Toaster Strudels for the first time.  It was epic), hung out, watched silly youtube videos (I cannot get this song out of my head! And this one's pretty catchy as well.) and just had some fun girl time.  It might have been one of my best Saturday nights recently.

I think the reason I had so much fun was that I haven't really been spending that much time with my good friends since I've been back.  I mean, I either only see them every two or three weeks, or, if I see them even once or twice a week, there's always lots of other people around and I don't really get to spend any real time with them.  I have some really amazing people in my life that I consider good friends and I hate that I don't really ever get to see them, because they are so important to me.  And I know I'm here for school, not for socializing, but I can't spend my entire five years of university not socializing at all!  I mean, I know school's important, but it's not that important.  Really, I just want to get my degree, graduate, and be done.  I don't plan on applying to do my masters or anything like that.  I might do a year or two of college, so that I can learn something that will actually get me a job, but other than that, once I'm done this degree, I'm done school for good.  So, although marks are important, they aren't that important.  I care, but I don't let school completely rule my life.

I just went off on a huge tangent, and I apologize.  I know for some people, school and marks are really important, and not being at the top of their class isn't acceptable.  But that's just not me.  I'll do my best, and if my best only gets me a C or a B, well so be it.  I don't even know what my GPA is and I don't care.  Why does it matter?  I'm actually serious: why does it matter what my GPA is?

That was not what this post was supposed to be about.  It was supposed to be about how much I love my friends and how sad I am that I don't get to spend enough time with them, because they are all so amazing.  So, from now on, friends come before school...to a certain extent.  I'm not going to stop going to class and doing work, but if a friend needs me, or something comes up, or one of my friends that I've barely seen is around, I will make time.  School will be over, but friends should be around forever.  My friends are what matters to me, and I will do everything I can to make time for them in my life.

High: watching HSM3 with Sam. Love the movie, love the girl.
Low: I messed up my ankle Friday night and it's still swollen and kind of sore.  But I can at least walk on it today, which is more than I could do yesterday.
Thankful: that I have such amazing friends in my life, who will always be there.

Books read this year: 39

love <3

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you, Seana. I have never been one that loved school. I do alright, but I certainly do NOT make school my life. I've also considered doing college for a couple years to get a trade or something to fall back on, although unlike you, I've actually considered QUITTING university to do so. (Although not so much ACTUALLY considering, just that kind of considering you do when you're studying for a test, and you would rather do anything than study and do the test... get my drift?)

    anyways, I don't know if I've ever told you, but I LOVE reading your blog! You even get your own bookmark on my bookmarks toolbar! (you're right up there with facebook, youtube...tetris... haha :) ! )

    Anyways, keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete