Friday, October 22, 2010

On Happiness...and Babbling

I'm really happy right now.  Like, really happy.  This might not be a really big deal for most people: there's lots of people all over the world who are really happy on a regular basis.  But I've never really been that unfortunate.  Okay, that made it sound like I've had a really hard life.  It hasn't actually been that bad.  From when I was eleven until I was about 18 was probably the hardest time; a lot of not so fun stuff happened then; I won't get into it now.  But if you really want to know, just ask!  I don't mind. :)

Anyway...the very boring story of teenage angst is so not the point of this post.  The point is...I'm happy.  I've previously mentioned that this past summer, while working at camp, was possibly the happiest time of my life, and this still remains true.  I can't talk about camp without a feeling of complete joy and love filling up my chest.  However, towards the end of the summer, I was quite concerned that that happiness would disappear when camp was over: when I had to return to the "real world", to school, to my real life, that I would not be as happy; that I would almost get kind of depressed, from missing camp, and almost from "real world shock".*  But, very fortunately, that is not what happened at all.  I mean, at first I was really upset about camp being over, but it didn't last very long, and although I miss everyone I worked with so much that it sometimes hurts, and even though I would go back in a heart beat, I'm not in withdrawl and I'm totally not depressed about camp.

I kind of just went off on a little bit of a tangent...The point is, camp ended almost two months ago, and I'm still really happy.  This makes me think that, although camp was the initial source of my happiness, it's not the reason for my happiness.  If it was all camp, and only camp, that happiness would now be long gone.  But it's not.  I'm still really happy, two months later, and I really don't think there's anything else that could have caused this: it's all left over from camp.

I feel like I just babbled a lot about nothing.  I'm sorry.  If you actually read all of that, I'm kind of impressed.  I guess there's people out there who really care about what I have to say.  Huh.  Who'da thunk it.

High: earlier this afternoon, I decided to make cookies, but after I'd mixed up all the ingredients, I decided that I didn't really have the patience to bake it.  So I saved it as cookie dough, to eat...as cookie dough. :)
Low: I went to the bank to inquire about getting a credit card, and I found out I need to have a job to get a credit card.  Ew.  Also, I love cooking with onions, but I hate cutting them.  This is a huge problem.
Thankful: that it's the weekend.  I have some serious studying to do for next week.

Books read this year: 39

love <3

P.S.  If  you read this, and you're someone I actually know in real life, leave a comment!  Even if it just says that you read it, and that's all, that's so fine by me!  I love finding out when people I know actually take the time to read what I have to say.  I makes me feel like I'm not just talking to myself on the Internet.  So let me know if you're reading this!  (Of course, even if you don't know me in real life, and you just found my blog and decided to read it, you can still comment, telling me you read it.  I'm actually so curious how many readers I have!)

*Camp is like a bubble.  For pretty much the entire summer, I had no idea what was going on pretty much anywhere in the world.  It was just camp, with all the same counsellors, for three months.  The campers changed every 12 days, but other than that, it really was like being in a completely oblivious bubble for three months.

4 comments:

  1. I'd stalk you anyday.
    Love you..and so does Jesus. Except He loves you more and He's better at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boomer, when I found out you had a blog about 1 month ago ( yes, you told me before but you know how slow i am) i went back and read ALL your entries ( there's not that many)because i missed you so much. And throughout this whole reading i was smiling at the useless information you provid the world sometimes, and your wonderful babbling. I m happy your happy!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this and at first, I was like "who the heck is amelia?!" because I can honestly count on one hand the number of times I've actually called you that lol. I'm so glad you like, and so glad you actually read it! I miss you bunches and bunches, my beautiful Buzz! :)<3

    ReplyDelete