Friday, December 31, 2010

2010...What a Year!

As we wind down 2010, I really wanted to write something about what this year has meant to me.  I don't even know where to start.  I think I can safely say that 2010 has been the best year of my life, so far.  When I look back on where I was this time last year, it is completely different from right now.  In 2010, I started this blog (and kept with it for nine months!) which is certainly a first for me!  I also started vlogging on youtube.  I only started that a couple months ago, and I have few videos, but there will certainly be more to come in 2011!  I also got involved with a new collab channel that is set to start mid-January (hopefully!).  And that is just my Internet life!

This summer, I explored an entirely new part of Canada, somewhere I had never been before.  I essentially moved to a new part of the country for three months to work at the most amazing job I ever could have asked for.  The people I worked with are some of the greatest people I know, and I hope to stay friends with them for a very long time.  I also met some amazing kids, campers that I will never forget, and who completely changed my life.  Completely.  I can't even explain the affect these campers had on me.  I am a different, much more optimistic and happy person thanks to these girls, who did nothing other than be themselves for ten days.

I am also now living completely on my own for the first time (not with my parents or in residence).  This is huge.  Although I like to think of myself as an independent person, I've never had to do everything myself.  When I lived at home, my mom would do the grocery shopping, cook the meals, and do the laundry.  I helped out where I could, but none of it was ever my responsibility.  When I started university, and lived in res, I was responsible for most things in my life--except food.  I had a meal card, and went to the main dining hall for all my meals.  I never had to cook any of my own meals, or do grocery shopping, or anything like that.  Now, I have to budget my money, buy all my groceries, cook all my own meals, everything.  I am completely, one hundred percent independent and responsible for everything in my life.  And, you know, I couldn't be happier.  I love living on my own!  And now, when I come home (to my mom's house, where I grew up) it feels like a treat to have my mom cook meals for me, or do my laundry.  I now truly appreciate everything she does for me.

All in all, 2010 has been amazing.  I am the happiest I have been in as long as I can remember, and I legitimately don't think I have any complaints about 2010.  Sitting here, right now, I seriously cannot think of a single thing I would change about 2010.  Maybe I would add a boyfriend into the mix...but realistically, there isn't even anyone in my life right now who I would want as a boyfriend.  That's how happy I am!  I can only hope that 2011 is half as good as 2010 has been!

High: I got a whole lot of errands done today--it was a very productive day!
Low: I have zero plans for tonight, for the first time...ever.  Sigh.  This is what happens when all your friends are half way across the country!
Thankful: for the best year of my life!

Books read this year: ...I don't want to talk about it.
Days left at home: 5 (where did these three weeks go?!)

Happy New Year everybody!  Hope you all had great 2010s, and that 2011 is all you could ask for, and more!
love<3

P.S. I am an idiot!  I totally forgot that I wrote a 50,000 word novel in less than a month!!  Talk about a huge accomplishment in my life!!  The novel isn't quite finished yet, and I haven't even started editing, although I should probably get on that pretty soon.  There are too many people in my life who want to read it for me to put it off any longer.  But yea, I also wrote a novel this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment