Friday, January 7, 2011

Small, Uncomfortable Planes



I hate flying.  No, wait… that is a huge lie.  I love flying.  I love that we have the ability to travel thousands of kilometers in a matter of hours.  What I actually hate are airplanes, which is where I am at the moment.  I am in the aisle seat, which is actually my preferred seat because I’m kind of claustrophobic.  There’s an older woman beside me, in the middle seat, and she seems nice enough.  There’s a guy, probably my age, in the window seat, he also seems like a nice guy.  But, of course, the problem: the guy sitting in front of me reclined his seat back pretty much the second the seat belt sign was turned off.  I have long legs, so my knees are digging into the back of his chair.  I don’t know how it’s not making him uncomfortable, because it’s killing me.  And then, there’s a little kid sitting behind me, and he occasionally kicks the back of my chair.  It’s not so bad, but it sure as hell is not great.  Plus, being in the aisle seat, my entire right arm keeps getting hit by flight attendants, people going to, or coming from, the bathroom, and the food cart.  My funny bone hurts like hell, and my upper arm will probably be bruised for the next two and a half weeks.  Perfect.
Plus, to top it all off, this isn’t exactly my favourite flight to be taking.  I am flying back to school, after Christmas break, for the winter semester.  Yay.  I am just sooo happy to be starting another fourteen weeks of stressing myself out beyond belief over things that won’t even matter in six months.  Super.  I mean, it’s no secret that I think university is a huge waste of both time and money.  Ah well, at least I am now more than half done my undergrad.  I guess there really is a silver lining to this cloud.

--

It is now a couple days later and I've been back home and back at school for two days.  Woopie.  Actually, it hasn't been that bad.  I've only had to sit through five hours of lectures in two days, which is more than tolerable.  Plus, I've been planning my birthday party, which is very exciting.  Maybe I'm a huge nerd, but it's my 21st birthday.  I can't not have a party!  I mean, turning 21 isn't as huge a deal in Canada as it is in the US and other countries, but it's still a milestone birthday, and it's still something that I'm really excited about celebrating.  What kind of stuff have you guys done for your milestone birthdays?

High: two day week.  'Nuff said.
Low: I still haven't finished unpacking, and my room is kind of a huge, disastrous mess.  Sweeeeeet.
Thankful: for being able to reconnect with my friends after break.

Since I started this blog, I've been counting how many books I've read over the year, and occasionally counting down to things I'm anticipating in the near future.  But this year I want to try something different.  So do you guys have any ideas for things I can count throughout the year?  Let me know!

love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment