Thursday, December 9, 2010

What's the Point?

So if you're in university (or college) and you're currently writing exams, or if you just like surfing the internet, you've probably heard of the site likealittle.com.  It's a site where people around campus post comments about other people they see around campus.  I personally think it is the stupidest concept for a website ever.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it's hilarious, and it's a decent way to procrastinate (as if I need any more of those!) but I know there are people out there who take this kind of stuff really seriously!  I mean, how can people actually think that leaving a post on a random website about a guy or girl you see somewhere on campus who you think looks good will make any kind of difference about anything?!  I guess I compare likealittle to sites like textsfromlastnight or fml, etc and I don't fully get how or why people take them so seriously.

A few hours ago I wrote my first final for this semester.  It has organic chem, which is probably the final I was most worried about.  I think it went decent, and either way, it's over now.  This course is my one and only organic course, and hopefully my last chemistry course (other than the other chem course I'm doing this semester...but you know what I mean).  Frankly, even if it wasn't the best exam I've ever written, at least it's over now and I don't have to worry about it anymore.  Unfortunately, I have my second exam, biochem, tomorrow morning.  I've spent the last few days almost entirely focused on organic chem and therefore have barely even started studying biochem.  This is a very bad thing.  So, of course, I am currently blogging and watching Gossip Girl.  Because what else do you do when you have a 60% final in 13.5 hours and you've barely studied?!

OK, confession time: I hate studying, and I also really hate school.  I mean, not just in the exam time way that everyone kind of resents school, but in the year-round hatred kind of way.  I mean, when I was in high school and stuff and school was getting on my nerves, I would always think about why I was doing it, and what the point was, and that made it all worth it.  But now...when I think about why I'm in university, I genuinely can't come up with an answer.  I mean, I guess having a university degree is important, but, really...it's a dollar store piece of paper that I could probably print myself.  It will either be framed, hung on my wall and otherwise forgotten about, or I'll just lose it.  I guess these days, when I try to think about why I'm in school, I can't come up with a reason, and I've really been asking myself...is it worth it?  I'm not so sure that it is.

High: organic chem is done!
Low: biochem in the morning...wish me luck!
Thankful: that one week right now I'll be on an airplane, more than halfway home!

Books read this year: 46
Exams left until Christmas break: 4
Days until Christmas: 16

love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment