Monday, November 29, 2010

An Author?!

So,  you guys know how I was trying to write a 50,000 word novel is thirty days?  Remember that time I went insane and thought I could write an entire novel in a month?
I WROTE A FREAKING NOVEL IN A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy crap, I actually did it.  I actually wrote an entire freaking novel! (Well, I didn't write an "entire" novel because my story isn't actually finished.  Oddly enough, the story doesn't just come to a convenient end once 50,000 words are reached...who knew?!)  I think I am actually in shock.  I mean, I've known for a while that something really crazy would have to happen for me to not finish on time.  But I guess part of me didn't think it would ever actually happen.

I actually can't believe this.  I can now call myself an author.  I'm an author!!!  I am no longer someone who just writes for fun and would love to actually write something significant one day, but hasn't yet.  I have now written something significant!! (And by significant, I mean significant to me, not to society.  This novel is going to require a lot of editing before I let people read it...so don't even ask!)

In other news...I got a job as a lifeguard at the pool at my school (I think I mentioned that already) and Saturday was my first shift, but all I did was shadow some lessons.  Tonight, I actually taught four of my own lessons and it was pretty exciting!  Nerve-wracking, because I had to teach two lessons that I hadn't shadowed and I wasn't entirely sure what the kids were supposed to be learning, so it was a lot of improvising.  But whatever, it worked out well!

High: that I finished my novel!!! And that I now have the best thing to brag about ever!
Low: I was supposed to get groceries this afternoon, but I worked and wrote a novel, so I didn't.  But I still have an hour and twenty minutes until the grocery store closes...hmm.
Thankful: for NaNoWriMo: for giving me the chance, and the pressure, to finally write a novel!

Books read this year: 44

love <3

P.S. The bragging starts now:

No comments:

Post a Comment