Wednesday, November 24, 2010

life :)

Hello my very lovely readers :) How are you? Good? How is your week going? It's hump day, the week is more than half over. If you're American, it's Thanksgiving. That's a fun way to get some time off.

Sorry I've been kind of MIA this month.  Between school, NaNoWriMo, jobs, Deathly Hallows...well, you can imagine.  While I sincerely want to write a full post, I have neither the time nor the energy to write full sentences, so I am going to pull a hayleyghoover and do this all point form:

  • I am now just over 35000 words through my novel. I am a little bit behind schedule (I'm supposed to be at 40000 by today) but I had to take almost a week off from writing to do school (in one week I had four midterms, five assignments and a lab...I may have gone slightly crazy). I will, however, reach 50000 words by next Tuesday night; I refuse to lose!
  • Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part 1 came out last week.  I made a video about it here before I saw it, but then I went and saw it Saturday afternoon and I absolutely loved it. In my opinion, it was the best movie so far. I have very few complaints about it. I wish they had shown the part in the book, when they go see Xenophilius Lovegood, where they go into Luna's room and see all her paintings of them and that whole bit. I also kind of wish they had done the Portkey part of the Seven Potters, although that wasn't something that I really missed.  All in all, an amazing movie!
  • A couple days ago I got a job as a lifeguard/swim instructor at the pool at my school, and I'm pretty freaking excited about it! I have a few hours in the next three weeks, but I'm hoping to pick up a lot more next semester!
I think that is pretty much all there is to tell you.  My life the last couple of weeks has been almost completely consumed by school and NaNoWriMo, but NaNoWriMo is done next Tuesday, and classes end next Friday, and three weeks tomorrow I write my last finals and fly home for Christmas. This means that the next three weeks will be crazy, but after that...pure relaxation :) I am slightly more than excited.

High: that Christmas Eve is a month today, and it is finally close enough to Christmas for music and decorations to be completely acceptable.
Low: I just tried to register for my courses for the winter semester and, of course, it did not go as planned. What else is new?!
Thankful: for very encouraging friends and family :)

Books read this year: 42

love <3

P.S. I still don't have a title for my novel, so if anyone has any ideas, you can leave them in the comments.  And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you can go here for my post about a title, and here for an excerpt from my novel. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment