Thursday, September 16, 2010

soulmates

[Note: This was written on Saturday, September 11.]

The first week of school is done. How did that happen?! It feels like just yesterday that classes had ended for the year, last year, and the summer was getting started. Now, it’s September and school has started again and somehow I’m in my third year. I really don’t know how that happened! Well, now I’m just being sentimental. I don’t like when things happen too quickly.


So, this is completely out of nowhere, but I’m listening to music right now and the song You Belong with Me by Taylor Swift just came on, and it got me thinking: do you think that, somewhere in the world, there’s someone who “belongs” with you? Like, someone you’re destined to be with forever? I guess I’m asking if you believe in soul mates or not. I do. I fully believe that, somewhere in the world, there is a man that I am destined to spend the rest of my life with, and I believe that every single person in the world is destined to be with someone. But I also believe that sometimes, people don’t find the person their destined to be with. I believe that sometimes, for whatever reason, you don’t find your soul mate. I’m actually really scared that’ll happen to me. I don’t know why, I have no reason to believe that I won’t find him. I guess, after seeing my parents split up, even though it went well for both of them and they still get along surprisingly well, I just really don’t want to get divorced. But if I find my soul mate, we obviously won’t get divorced. But I guess no one ever wants to get divorced. Anyway, let me know, in the comments, if you believe in soul mates or not.

I don’t really have that much else to write about. The first week of classes was OK, nothing too exciting. I finally finished unpacking all the stuff I have and am now almost done decorating my new room. It looks pretty good so far, if I do say so myself. My roommates are really nice too. There are five of us living in the house, so four other girls. I didn’t rent the house with any of them, I just got my room. But I already knew three of the other girls and I’m getting to know the fourth. I feel weirdly awkward around them and I’m not sure why. I feel like I have nothing to say to any of them, which is really weird. I mean, I love to talk, I do it all the time. And yet…I don’t know, maybe I’m just really bad at small talk. I’m not very good at thinking of things to talk about. I don’t know. I really like the other girls; I’m just the weird, awkward one. Sounds right.

High: this hasn’t happened yet, but tonight I’m going to the movies with a couple friends and one of them I haven’t seen since the spring, so getting to see her!
Low: that it is still raining. Still! And, of course, genius over here left her raincoat at home. Big surprise.
Thankful: that I know my way around the kitchen and have been able to make actually good food. I seriously hope this lasts!

Books read this year: 36

love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment