Monday, August 23, 2010

don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Gah, why do people have to leave?!  In exactly one week I will have been home for, like, twelve hours.  I can't process this.  I have decided that I will be here for another 4000 million zillion days.  I don't know how many years that is, but I think I can safely assume that it's pretty much the rest of my life.

I'm not really sure why I don't want to leave.  I mean, I get to be home for a week and see lots of friends and family, which will be great.  And then I get to go back to Newfoundland, where I get to see lots of my friends again, for the first time in four months.  I miss them all dearly, and I'm really excited to see them.  I'm just not very excited about starting school again.  I mean, I love learning, and...well, I really want to be done school.  But my life at camp is just so much better than my life in the real world, for the most part.  I don't really know how to explain it, I just know that I don't want to leave.  For the next eight months, all I'm going to be doing is waiting and wishing for camp again.  This is where I belong.


High: getting to go to the most gorgeous beach on a really amazing day for the last time this summer.
Low: realizing how little time we have left at camp, and that everything really is ending.
Thankful: that I got to have this experience and this amazing summer and that I got to share it with really amazing people who I will hopefully be friends with for a very long time.

Books read this year: 34

love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment