Friday, September 30, 2011

Footloose Friday

I was just on Facebook, procrastinating from finishing the paper I have due in a couple hours, when I saw the Footloose fan page mention something about the remake that's coming out soon (today? I don't know).
The original Footloose is one of my favourite movies ever.  Like, in my top five of all time.  That's a pretty big deal, especially given how much I love movies.  But I don't really know how I feel about this new remake.  I mean, is it going to be like Dirty Dancing, where the remake is absolutely nothing like the original?  Or are they trying to make it exactly like the first?  And if it's the latter, how exact is it going to be?  Like, same dialogue and everything, just with different actors?  Or same storyline, but slightly different?
I guess I just have really mixed feelings about how this new movie is going to play out.  I'm not even sure yet if I'm going to see it.  Like I said, the original is one of my favourite movies ever, and I really don't want to ruin it with this remake.
How do you guys feel about remakes?  Have any of your favourite movies been remade (or had sequels made) and you were disappointed?  Let me know!

Flights taken: 17

love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment