Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Runawayyyy!

Today was a pretty good day.  I got to spend part of the afternoon with one of my best friends from high school, Jacquie.  We haven't seen much of each other in the last two years, just because I've been so far away for such a long time.  So I actually haven't seen her since last August, I think.  Considering we saw each other every single day in high school, this is a big deal.  But it was fun.  We just went to the mall and walked around, window shopped, that sort of thing.  There was a surprising number of people at the mall, considering it was the middle of the afternoon on a Wednesday in May.  I mean, don't people work anymore?!  Seriously!  I figured that there would be hardly anyone there, just because of the time of day.  Oh, but I was wrong.  It was weird.

While we were at the mall, I picked up the book Runaway by Meg Cabot.  It is the third book in the Airhead series.  It just came out yesterday and I am so excited to read this book!  I loved Airhead  and Being Nikki and I know this book is going to be amazing.  But I'm not going to read it until I leave for camp, just because I have no idea what I'm going to read this summer!  All my good books are still in Newfoundland, and when I'm home, I get most of my books from the library, but I obviously can't do that while I'm away.  So I'm searching my room to find books that I own that I can take with me this summer.  Kind of ruins my plans to not reread any books I had already read for the rest of this year, but whatever.  I really have no other choice.

Books read this year: 23*
Days left until camp: 13

love <3

*I read Looking for Alaska by John Green, and the first two books in the Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty.  I am currently reading the third book, Charming Thirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment