Sunday, July 4, 2010

frenchin' it up!

Hello cyber friends!  I know it's been a while since I posted, but a) it's the summer, and b) I work basically 24 hours a day for ten days, with two days off between each 10-day session.  Therefore, my writing time is not a whole lot.  So I think I'm doing a pretty good job so far!

Happy belated Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians, and Happy July Fourth to all my southern neighbours!  What are you guys doing/did you do to celebrate this holiday?  Let me know!  I finished work at noon on Tuesday, and drove down to Halifax with a bunch of friends for our break.  We stayed until Friday morning, when we had to come back for work.  It was actually so much fun!  We stayed at a hostel, which wasn't really cheaper than a hotel, unfortunately, but it was fun because we were all together, and the hostel had a kitchen, so we got to make our own dinners instead of spending way too much money at a restaurant!  It really was a lot of fun, though.  And Thursday night, we all sat on Citadel Hill and watched the fireworks, which was good but not nearly long enough.  Either way, it was a really great break!

So session three started on Friday!  And I have a French cabin.  Yay... Just kidding, I actually love it!  I mean, I speak French, sort of, so it's not completely difficult.  Plus my co-counsellor, Oups!, is pretty much the best co ever.  She's French first language, which makes it a lot easier.  And I straight up told the kids that I was English and some things I wouldn't understand, but that I would try, and I want to improve my French.  They're all really nice and so patient with me, I love it!  I have a feeling that this is going to be a really good session.  Not as good as session one, because that was just ridiculously amazing, but I think this will be a close second!

Books read this year: 29 (I am actually less that 50 pages away from finishing numkber 30!)

love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment